Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/13/2003 2:07:03 PM EDT
I have a Hungarian SA 85M. I love the blonde wood thats on it and I found a Bulgarian lightning cut stock and pistol grip that matches the handguards perfectly. Now I need the correct number of US parts to keep it legal.

Since I don't want to purchase a US stock set, what internals do I have to change to keep the ATF from burning down my house?

Would a US trigger group and US gas piston be enough to make it legal or would I have to get a US bolt and carrier also?

I want to change as little as possible.

Also the stock and grip have some kind of shiny finish on it. What kind of finish can I use on the handgaurds to match it? Its just a clear coat of somekind.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You could add a US made muzzle device.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey CAMPY just how many US parts are required?

Is there something besides the mag floorplates and followers I could change? So when I use a chinese 75rd drum I'll still be legal.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:35:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Just make sure your stock doesn't say "Made in Bulgaria".  They'll never know the difference, so they'll never be able to enforce the bullshit law.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top