Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/21/2005 11:50:11 AM EDT
I have a Vector built AK.  I know they use brand new Polish and Hungarian kits.  How can I tell which one it is?  I found markings, but I don't have a way to take pictures right now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you describe the marking on the forward trunnion? That'll help.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
From what a few people have told me some of the newer Vector Ak's are mixmasters of parts.  But then again, you hear a lot of things at gunshops..
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The markings are as follows(bare with me): I IV "backwards 7"  a circle with a "Y" thru it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I looked in my books. A circle with an 11 in it is Polish. But I don't see marks like yours in the table. But the table is incomplete. I don't even see a Hungarian on in there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The markings are as follows(bare with me): I IV "backwards 7"  a circle with a "Y" thru it.

Can you get us a photo of the markings?

That would help a lot. Sounds like something interesting.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#6]
ive seen rommy and pol parts on the newer vectors
but i also helped a guy build a rifle that said vector on his oow
so who knows LOL
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top