Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/9/2004 4:57:06 PM EDT
At the Pima County Fairgrounds.  If you are in Tucson and are planning to go on Sunday, don't waste your time.  Except for Mike Detty of Mad Dawg Ent. the pace was full of Beggars and Thieves.  They were begging people to buy their "Pre-ban" labeled guns or out-right trying to steal money with mis-labeled firearms.

Mike Detty was selling the only rifles in the show that I considered a good deal.  I didn't need any more AR's but was tempted to buy just because he is an honest guy.  He was selling DPMS/Eagle Arms/Armalite rifles in .223 and .308.  The only ones I really looked at were the DPMS rifles he had on display.  Forged receivers, flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, and I believe a six position DPMS stock.  Different versions of the rifles, some with carrying handle, some with flat-top receivers and all rifles came with a hard case.

Prices for .223 rifles started at $729.00 and with the guns lined up on the table each went up in price by $10.00  for different configurations.  Top price for these when I saw them was $749.00.

Farther down the aisle there was a Bushmaster "Pre-Ban" rifle at $1200.00 from another dealer.  I saw many other dealers with their used "Pre-Ban" AR's from $1200.00 to $1400.00 trying to sell these old used rifles as though they were collectable.  Nothing NIB about them.  All marked "Pre-Ban".  I bet these dealers are all hoping for the gun-grabbers getting into office in November so they can get those kind of prices for their guns again.

I did see a SAR-1 at one table for $369.00 sitting right next to a "pre-ban" Hungarian FEG SA-85? which had a price of $1299.00 if I remember correctly.  Had a big mark on it's stock so it obviously wasn't NIB.

What really blew my mind was a dragonov type thumbhole stocked MK II or Romak 2 (didn't have my reading glasses) couldn't see well except for the price which kind of jumped out at me, $650.00.

I saw a converted Saiga in 7.62x39 for $600.00.  It actually didn't look all that bad, but it was a friggin Saiga.

There was a VEPR .308 for $550.00.  I guess that isn't to bad of a deal.

AR mag were going for $20.00.  Not postive but I think they were Permasilked.
Makarov mags were from $10.00 to $20.00.  

Not one bulk ammunition seller in the place.  I couldn't even buy a case of ammo for any of my guns.

Plenty of books, beef jerky, hot dogs, and Kettle Korn though.

I paid $8.00 to get in, I should have know better when I saw the price looked to have been lowered on the notice on the entrance.  Bought a A1 flash hider and what I was told was a Rock River Arms 6 position stock.

I learned my lesson and won't go to another Arizona Arms Association Gun show.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Guess I didn't miss out. The VEPR price isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, that's why the ONLY show I go to anymore is the S.A.R. show in December.
Actually I like it better this way, I used to wait months for a show just to save a little money, now I just go ahead and buy it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:17:43 AM EDT
[#3]
You know I'll be at the SAR show , going to have to save up some scratch myself.

You know looking at that pic above, I really wish someone had produced one (the Romak 2) with a 20" barrel. That would be a kick ass rifle.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You know I'll be at the SAR show , going to have to save up some scratch myself.

You know looking at that pic above, I really wish someone had produced one (the Romak 2) with a 20" barrel. That would be a kick ass rifle.

You can always sell snake skin boots for that extra scratch....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn man, good thing Buttons can't read, lol.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top