AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/14/2004 3:33:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:39:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
a copy cat of our ohio freeway sniper?

we caught ours...a mentally unstable (duh!) guy with a PISTOL!!!  we suffered one dead and many, many cars hit before he was caught.

good luck! stay alert near overpasses.

I wondered what happened to that guy. I'm glad he is off the streets.

Bob
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#3]
We caught ours finally.  Well, when the police chief in charge finally started to listen to the evidence that it might not have been cacasians.

Good hunting, Jeep.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:19:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.mindspring.com/~motopix/Moose-03.jpg

That's him.   Has to be white guys in a white box truck.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#6]
It's not funny. That's an FBI composite of  a box van.  Remember that?  A composite of a truck and they just show this big white box truck!  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Here is what he was holding in his hand.  The address to the police.  Noticed the corrected zip code.  Someone did add the glass ring stain.  

Here is the composite photo

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My question is.....can I shoot back?

Yes,and DO!Stay alert Jeep,that rag top won't even deflect a .22.I'd be tempted to keep a folding stock AK with a 75 round drum in the seat next to me,who am I kidding,I usually do!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My question is.....can I shoot back?

Yes,and DO!Stay alert Jeep,that rag top won't even deflect a .22.I'd be tempted to keep a folding stock AK with a 75 round drum in the seat next to me,who am I kidding,I usually do!

Why not put the .308 in there?  You'd want maximum bridge penetration right?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Parked? Screw that!
I'd want countersnipers camping with packs of sandwiches, IR field glasses for the spotter.

A BIG +1  on that!

Samuel
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Parked? Screw that!
I'd want countersnipers camping with packs of sandwiches, IR field glasses for the spotter.

Wonder if they'd actually do that. Wonder how many people have to be shot at to make that happen.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Guess I'll be staying off Sam Cooper for a while.  I suspect that MPD has some good leads given that section of highway is bordered on both sides by residential property.

WMC-TV Report: 14-Oct-04

Posted by: George Metaxas, 10/13/04, 4:56 p.m.

Four new reports about vehicles being shot at on Sam Cooper Boulevard

There are four new reports about vehicles being shot at on Sam Cooper Boulevard. That brings the total to eight vehicles shot at over the last few weeks on Sam Cooper between Tillman and Hollywood. Police are not calling the eight shootings on Sam Cooper Boulevard the work of a sniper because no "person" has been hit. What is clear is that someone is shooting at cars driving along Sam Cooper on Sunday and Monday, and it is scaring people who work in nearby businesses.

Plenty of people drive on Sam Cooper Boulevard. Most of them thought the only danger they might face would come from other drivers. Not anymore. Driver Allen Pirtle said, "I'm very concerned. I don't want to get shot, you know. I hate to see someone else get shot." Altha Perry owner of Broad Street Liquors drives on Sam Cooper several times a day. Perry said, "It is just scaring me. Police came down in and was asking me if I heard any shooting." That was on Tuesday, when Perry found out about someone shooting at drivers on Sam Cooper. The total of cars hit is at least eight. No one inside the cars has been hit been, but there have been some close calls. Most of the shots are coming somewhere North of Sam Cooper. Altha Perry is changing the way she drives to and from work. "I'm thinking about going over to Summer and coming down. It's scary." So are her customers. "When I found out that it was on Sam Cooper, which is the way I come to work, I just come out Highland now." Ernie Donati owns another nearby business. Donati said, "I come here everyday and I'm really concerned." He's not sure what to do because he has to take Sam Cooper to get to work. Police say the four new people who came forward didn't contact police when it happened because they weren't sure how it happened, and one man said he just thought it was a stray bullet.

Here's what we know about the latest police reports filed. They were all filed Tuesday. Three of the shootings happened on Monday. At least one victim had a large bullet hole in the right front door of her vehicle. Police recovered a nine-millimeter bullet from that scene.

The Commercial Appeal Article: 14-Oct-04

By Chris Conley
October 14, 2004

More car victims surface of Sam Cooper shooter

Four new victims have surfaced after hearing news reports that someone was shooting at drivers on Sam Cooper, police said Wednesday.

Memphis Police identified four new shootings Tuesday, and now are investigating eight cases. No one has been hurt.

Some of those coming forward Wednesday called 545-COPS to make their reports, police spokesman Sgt. Vince Higgins said.

A female victim told police she was heading east on Sam Cooper at Collins Monday when her 2003 Chevrolet Malibu was hit by a gunshot, opening a large hole on the driver's side door, reports said. A 9mm shell was extracted from the door, to be compared to others from damaged vehicles.

At least four of the eight shootings happened Monday, police reports said.

Another driver said he was driving west on Sam Cooper at Tillman on Monday when he heard a loud boom. He noticed a bullet hole in the passenger door.

Again Monday, the owner of a white BMW reported having a bullet hole in his left rear door.

Citizens are asked to report any suspicious behavior to 545-COPS.

E-95
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#15]
How did the 9mm shell get in the door?  or do they mean bullet?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Parked? Screw that!

how much are they paying and what kind of sammiches?

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Parked? Screw that!

how much are they paying and what kind of sammiches?

I think the correct question you should be asking is..

... will they be serving pie with lunch?  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Keep your eyes open and gun handy!!  These nut cases seem to be multiplying.

I was just talking to Gail Knisely's husband yesterday (lady that the OH nutcase shooter murdered).  He is doing pretty well, all things considered.  A little tired of the continuing coverage and delays in getting the dirtbag to trial.  He brought the subject up as I never mention it to him.  He is dating a sister of a girl I see, so we cross paths.

These whackos do NOT deserve to be called snipers as they are just mental cases that should be locked up BEFORE they hurt folks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Another shooting last night:

The Commercial Appeal Article: 15-Oct-04

By Bill Dries and Chris Conley
October 15, 2004

Van hit on Sam Cooper
Window shattered near Tillman

As police and sheriff's deputies blanketed the western reach of Sam Cooper Boulevard Thursday evening, a man driving home on the boulevard reported a window of his van was shot out as he drove near Tillman.

Shannon Holmes called police from a convenience store on Tillman at Broad shortly after 6:30.

The passenger side window of the van he drives for AirMasters Air Conditioning & Heating was shattered. Police said late Thursday that they weren't sure what hit the window.

Holmes was not injured.

Police were still investigating late Thursday to determine if it was related to a string of 11 shootings on Sam Cooper since August.

Several of those shootings have been at the Sam Cooper-Tillman and Sam Cooper-Collins intersections.

Many of the shootings have been during the morning hours, but at least one other was during the evening.

Holmes was driving west on Sam Cooper and was at the intersection with Tillman.

"I was getting ready to stop right here at the corner, slowing down for the red light. I heard a bang, the glass shattered. I had the driver's side window down," he said. "I had no idea if I was hit or what."

Holmes believed a bullet hit the passenger side window first and then exited the open driver's side window. Police were unable to find a bullet in the van.

The south side of the boulevard where Holmes's van was when the window was hit is not completely visible from the area on the north side of the road.

Holmes, who drives the boulevard daily, said he was aware of the recent shootings.

"I had heard, but I thought they got it under control," Holmes said. "This is my usual route for work in the morning, too."

Holmes said he'll likely be taking a different route from now on. "Sam Cooper's a really good connector. ... It was a blessing in disguise until now."

Evening traffic on Sam Cooper was steady but not congested as Holmes moved some belongings taken out of his van back into the van and investigators talked with him in more detail.

Earlier in the day, another report surfaced of a motorist's car being shot at.

In that case, a man was driving a Chevrolet Cheyenne Aug. 18 when a bullet shattered his window. The police report does not say what time of day the vehicle was hit.

He later found the bullet in the cabin of his car and it has been sent to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation lab for ballistics tests. At least one other bullet has been recovered from another shooting.

No one has been hit in the shootings.

Police have received several Crime Stoppers tips, and one victim described a white van, said police spokesman Sgt. Vince Higgins.

Meanwhile, the bus company that transports students for Memphis City Schools has shifted routes off Sam Cooper because of the rash of shootings, company officials said Thursday.

About 15 Laidlaw buses are using Summer Avenue, Walnut Grove Road and other streets as alternative routes because of the shootings, said Ronald Thornton, manager of Laidlaw Education Services.

The shift came Wednesday and will continue "as long as we deem necessary," he said.

No buses have been late because of the changes, he said.

E-95
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top