Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/3/2003 7:19:24 PM EDT
The deal that I was working on for the pre-ban milled receiver Poly Tech fell through when it arrived and turned out to be a stamped receiver instead.  I am very disappointed and this sets my Krink project behind.  

The stamped gun is on its way back and my refund will be forth-coming so I am looking again for a pre-ban milled PolyTech at a decent price.  Since I am going to Krink it, the finish, bore wear and furniture don't matter as long as the price reflects the condition and the receiver is sound.

I'm going to put an ad over on the EE when the money gets here, but if anyone has a line on a deal for a likely host gun please let me know.  

Thanks.
Mario
FAMO,Inc.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
That's too bad, but wouldn't a stamped gun be MUCH better for making a Krinkov? As far as I know, there aren't any actual military-issue Krinks with milled receivers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:20:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Not only that, but you better have some hefty milling bits.  The milled receivers take a HHS mill bit and distroy in in about 6 revolutions. (.024 seconds)  Carbide mills last about 1 minute and cost big $'s.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:30:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the milled guns better.

The original 7.62 Krinks were milled guns with an underfolder.

I have been in contact with a good Krink builder that assures me that he can do the job at little extra cost.

Thanks for the input, keep your eyes open for a gun for me.
Mario
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:14:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:09:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]
CampyBob,
Here is the underfolder milled model that I was talking about:

I'm not sure of it's heritage.  I want a sidefolder though, because I like the skeltonized stock better.

RotDorn,
Thanks for that tidbit.  I saw one about a month ago and expect to see it again in two weeks at a show.  I hope to have my refund money by then.

Mario
Famo, Inc.-

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top