Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/11/2003 4:54:14 PM EDT
 Just bought a Hungarian SA 85M and already chewed up a half acre of Georgia prime timber land. MAN I LIKE THIS RIFLE!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy several cases of ammo, a dozen 30rnd mags and we will tell you the secret handshake. Get a Kobra and we will mail you a secret decoder ring.
Welcome!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
You can never have enough AKs.....Welcome to the Dark Side......

KF
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
hello , and welcome to the dark side.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome sir!

A Hungarian preban for a first AK? DAMN! Nice buy!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#6]
They also made a post-ban SA85M - I have one I bought new. I would guess it's one of those, although the only differences are the flash hider, bayonet lug and stock. They're both about the sweetest-shooting AKMs out there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Sky , welcome aboard. AK's are fun to shoot and are pretty cheap to shoot. Im in middle Ga. What part of the state you in. WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#8]
   Thanks everyone, I saw some conversation about pre or post ban, It is post ban.
 The reason I bought this one is it just looks more refined than the others I looked at, without a scratch on it.
 And a private sale, SO SWEET
 I'm already doing my research on how to get rid of that thumbhole stock.
 So when you run across someone asking some dumasss question, That'll be me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome from me as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell, I told the neighbors not to get irate 'bout me shooting my guns: I stopped chewing, what else  they want?
Besides I was here in God's country, north of Atlanta, 'fore they come and built their starter castles.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey Sky , welcome aboard. AK's are fun to shoot and are pretty cheap to shoot. Im in middle Ga. What part of the state you in. WarDawg

Good to meet you, Im in north central, but like the guy above Atlanta is marching on me.

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:58:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hell, I told the neighbors not to get irate 'bout me shooting my guns: I stopped chewing, what else  they want?
Besides I was here in God's country, north of Atlanta, 'fore they come and built their starter castles.  

I know exactly what you mean.
 Something about a guy living in a $300,000 house built on what used to be my grandads pasture and is to snobby to wave at the lowly locals makes me want to ram his Lexus with my old Ford and beat his ass in a muddy ditch.
Can i get an Amen ?
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 4:40:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Amen!  And welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:34:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Yea Amen Bro--Always good to holler at another GA Boy.Welcome.And actually the neighbors aren't all that bad. I just had to hire a lawyer, get a business licence for a "testing gun shooting facility", stop shooting hi power on Sat and Sun--Hell it didn't cost as much or take near as much time as building an ak!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm already doing my research on how to get rid of that thumbhole stock.

That's my SA85m (lovingly named Trogdor). It was my first (only at this point) AK, also. I just free'd it from the butthole stock this past weekend. That's an ERGO grip (which I REALLY like the feel of), fixed ACE skeleton stock and it has a RSA fire control group in it... those are the 5 US parts I went with. Kobra's next on my list and I might change the handguards out for US made and go with a fixed Bulgarian muzzle brake later on.

I've only had it a couple months, and honestly only taken it out once before taking off that icky stock (I don't really have any outdoor shooting options here), but now that it has had some changes made plan on getting it out on Memorial Day and doing everything I can to burn up a case of Wolf with it. :)

The fit, finish and accuracy is nicer than other stamped AK I've ever seen. Congratulations!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top