Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 2:23:16 PM EDT
I have a misr 10 I picked up that only accepts single stack magazines.  It is my understanding this it is the way it is in order to comply with California state laws.  The thing is I don't live in California, I live in a red state.  My question is what must be done in order for my gun to accept hi-cap mags,  I understand it can be done, and that it is done with the similiarly built wasr-10 often, any suggestions you all have would be very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a misr 10 I picked up that only accepts single stack magazines.  It is my understanding this it is the way it is in order to comply with California state laws.  The thing is I don't live in California, I live in a red state.  My question is what must be done in order for my gun to accept hi-cap mags,  I understand it can be done, and that it is done with the similiarly built wasr-10 often, any suggestions you all have would be very much appreciated.

i THINK thats fine, so long as you don't put anything else evil on it. You can only have 2 evil things, removeable mag and thumb hole stock counts.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
You must when the 10 or less game when converting your gun.....ie you have to make it compliant by containing 10 or less imported parts.  You are going to need to purchase some US made parts to swap into your gun.

The evil features mean nothing, the AWB is dead.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I did my WASR-10.  Once the parts count question was answered, I just hogged open the magwell opening in the reciever, and trimmed back the two rails inside that steady the mag.  I used a dremel.  It looks like hell, but functions great without much wobble at all.

Use a standard doublestack mag as a template, and go slow.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top