Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 1:10:04 PM EDT
Question:
So what is the low down with full auto parts kits to Washington State?
On interordnance.com's site they say if you fax them a statement that I'm going to make a legal
semi auto weapon out of the full auto parts kit they are OK.
BUT the way the law seems to "read" it implies that "any part designed and
intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun" is illegal to have
in ones possession - period.

Has their been a ruling/opinion/etc????? Like after the legal semi auto
build I have to destroy the full auto parts/etc?

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:16:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 1:28:36 PM EDT by tweeter]
You're reading it right. Any parts that may be used to even repair a fully-automatic firearm in the state of Washington are illegal.

RCW 9.41.220
Unlawful firearms and parts contraband.

All machine guns, short-barreled shotguns, or short-barreled rifles, or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, illegally held or illegally possessed are hereby declared to be contraband, and it shall be the duty of all peace officers, and/or any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, to seize said machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or parts thereof, wherever and whenever found.

By the writing in this statute, even parts are considered machine guns, as long as they can be used in a full-auto firearm.

No dice dude, sorry.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 2:44:11 PM EDT by Doug_H]
The operative terminology is "or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun". The AK parts that are used exclusively in a machine gun are the auto FCG parts. You will need to use a semi-auto FCG anyway, so if any auto parts come with your kit, just get rid of them. The rest of the kit is perfectly fine to have.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:14:11 PM EDT
Does just taking possession of shipped parcel that contains a full auto parts kit constitute a crime -- even if you were to destroy the FCG parts immediately?

I guess I’m just being paranoid – I know they’re out to get me.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:39:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By aceface:
Does just taking possession of shipped parcel that contains a full auto parts kit constitute a crime -- even if you were to destroy the FCG parts immediately?

Yes, we are. I'm keeping a very close eye on you aceface.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:59:51 PM EDT

To be short, yes. Yes they can. It would take a real dedicated beaureaucratic asshole to want to lay in wait for you to do that, but after all... this is Washington we're speaking of.

And oh yeah, just because some people aren't paranoid doesn't mean that spy satellites aren't watching their every move.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:11:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:34:03 AM EDT
Doug_H
That was me in my younger days - I'm 56 now - kids are grown and out of the house.
They are better - but I stil hide in the woods.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:05:19 AM EDT
Interesting side note:
Sportsman Guide will not sell me a mag with over a 30 round capacity. They say their legal department considers that they could be construed as: "any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun".
I tried to talk some sense into em on the phone but they refused to listen.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:11:52 PM EDT

Interesting side note:
Sportsman Guide will not sell me a mag with over a 30 round capacity. They say their legal department considers that they could be construed as: "any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun".
I tried to talk some sense into em on the phone but they refused to listen.

Ah, this has been tried before (talking sense into them). It is as productive as giving directions to a chicken. If you want mags, I suggest you join the next group buy that jnewt will be having in a week or two. He advertises in the Equipment Exchange.
Top Top