Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Posted: 10/15/2004 11:41:47 AM EST
this is my third class III weapon but my first SBR

With the krink doe anyone sell complete guns or do these companies only do the work on kits that you send in?

What is that short 3-4" suppressor thing i see on some krinks...is it a flash suppressor, a gas volumizer to increase cycling reliability????? Is it better than the original?

Who makes the best 'kits"?

how does the SBR 5.45 compare in recoil to an M-4?

How big is the "fireball" with a SBR krinkov?

what is the typical turn around on building one of these from the guys that do it the most?

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:39:58 PM EST
With the krink doe anyone sell complete guns or do these companies only do the work on kits that you send in?

We have a couple 5.45 in stock. They have the fake PBS5, but it can be removed as soon as you get your paperwork back.

What is that short 3-4" suppressor thing i see on some krinks...is it a flash suppressor, a gas volumizer to increase cycling reliability????? Is it better than the original?

All of the flash hiders/booster act like flash hiders and do boost the gas pressure a bit. I have fired them with nothing on the end and they have functioned fine. The cone flash hider and the 4 peice are both original, just depends on what you want.

Who makes the best 'kits"?

The Russians, of course. But good luck finding one. We use the Bulgarian kits from K-Var. The are brand new and of excellent quality.

How does the SBR 5.45 compare in recoil to an M-4?

There is less recoil then my M4.

How big is the "fireball" with a SBR krinkov?

HUGE!! About 2' plus in diameter.

What is the typical turn around on building one of these from the guys that do it the most?

We run about 4-6 weeks.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:24:50 AM EST
Thank you very much for the great info Mike.

A few more questions if you dont mind.

Since the gun will be built with the fake suppressor installed, is it fine to send to my FFL gun dealer or do I still have to go through a class III even though it is not class III until I take off the permanent fake suppressor?

I read an old Small Arms review and they said that little soda can flash suppressor made the fire ball unnoticable.....I think that writer may have been trying to impress his editor or something because that just doesnt make sense. Thanks for the correct info.

What kind of magazines do you recommend?

I saw the picture of the krinks that you guys build and they are sweet. Is it possible to get the wood on it that is a little lighter in color... I dont like the blond sets but I do like more grain to show.

I am also looking into a redstar FCG. Any experience with these and your input would be appreciated.

I am also looking into a tactical extended mag release. Let me know what you think of those.

Are your Krinks still $999.95?

Thanks for all the info. I will check back and then call you wed.

Anthony

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:40:34 PM EST
I'm not mike, but I do have one of their krinks. Its indeed a sweet piece. The $1k price krink should come with a RSA trigger group standard. You need compliance parts, and thats what they use. Its a excellent trigger group.
Transfer can be to a regular dealer, no C3 stuff required. You'll have to do your own form1 which is easy. That way no C3 dealer will ever be in the process.
Mine likes both synthetic and bakelites. If you stick with wood handguards the bakelites look really good. I've got a set of Vmon on mine, so I'm sticking to black synthetic right now. You want some awesome wood, talk to Tantal, he's got russian red laminate in various shades.
No experience with the mag releases, although it should work just fine.

Hope that helps a little. I've got a pic if you want.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:32:02 PM EST
Since the gun will be built with the fake suppressor installed, is it fine to send to my FFL gun dealer or do I still have to go through a class III even though it is not class III until I take off the permanent fake suppressor?

Yes you can.

What kind of magazines do you recommend?

Depends on caliber. For the 5.45, the Bulgarians work fine.

I saw the picture of the krinks that you guys build and they are sweet. Is it possible to get the wood on it that is a little lighter in color... I dont like the blond sets but I do like more grain to show.

They have been coming with some very nice grained light colored wood. Perfect for Jeepcreeps special recipe!

I am also looking into a redstar FCG. Any experience with these and your input would be appreciated.

They come standard in our Krinks and I do highly recomend them.

I am also looking into a tactical extended mag release. Let me know what you think of those.

Never used or installed one.

Are your Krinks still $999.95?

Yes they are.

Thanks for all the info. I will check back and then call you wed.

Sounds good, I'll talk to you then. Also, remind me to tell you how to remove the fake can, too.

Mike
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Top Top