Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/12/2006 4:21:21 PM EDT
Hi All,

I want to upgrade the safety lever to one than can be activated with the shooting index finger. This would go on an Arsenal milled SAM-5.

I see two options. Krebs has one and Black Jack Buffers makes one. I know Krebs is all about top notch quality and that sounds good to me.

The lower finger shelf on the Black Jack model would give increased leverage for the index finger and thus may be easier to operate.

The BlackJack is nice because it is notched to hold the bolt back. This will go on a milled Arsenal AK. Which would you recommend?

Krebs Custom:
http://www.krebscustom.com/CustomParts.html

Black Jack Buffers:
BJB S.W.I.F.T AK-47 Safety Levers - Notched
http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=202

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You can buy either and make them fit....If it is for a stamped reciver all you have to do is use a small file to open up the notch where it engages the reciver...Not a lot of work
As to which one????
I like the Blackjack...Looks easier to maniplulate
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
This would go on a milled Arsenal SAM-5

Quoted:
You can buy either and make them fit....If it is for a stamped reciver all you have to do is use a small file to open up the notch where it engages the reciver...Not a lot of work
As to which one????
I like the Blackjack...Looks easier to maniplulate

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I've handled both. The Black Jack make is much easier.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
ttt
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:52:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Blackjack
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had both. The blackjack is much easier to use. Power Custom also sells one that looks exactly like the one from Blackjack.  Be sure to get the milled receiver version if that is what you have.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Not trying to high jack your thread, BUT is the safety hard to remove and do the notching, or can it be notched while on the rifle. my rifle is a Vector stamped rec. Thanks for any help.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top