Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 6:44:29 PM EDT
My possible trade on an SLR101 fell through.  I can get a WASR10 for around $300.  Could also buy a nicer Arsenal AK for twice that.  Would like to convert whatever I get to a folding stock.  Never owned an AK-type before...suggestions on which way to go?  I'm sure whatever I buy is going to get used and abused quite a bit, but I am worried about going too cheap and having to refinish, etc.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
if your worring about refinishing an AK because of abuse your not understanding the point of buying an ak. Get the cheapest you can buy that shoots straight and have alot of fun killing cans and putting holes in paper. its that simple folks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not so worried about wear and tear from field use and plinking.  I'm more worried about barrel heat, etc. taking the finish right off the barrel and/or rifle.  Is the quality of finish on an Atlantic AK47U or a comparable Arsenal gun that much better than the WASR?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Arsenal Inc is coming out with a stamped 7.62 x 39 rifle later, might be what you want.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top