Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/13/2004 9:59:38 AM EST
Arsenal USA, two months out no waiting list. Atlantic, waiting lists a mile long. ORF, waiting list. I have no problem being on a waiting list a little while to get what I want. But my question is this, is the imaginary freighter I have pictured in my head loaded down with underfolders, 74's etc... going to dock anytime soon? Should I get on one of the lists now and buy? Or wait it out a little bit to see what comes. Granted the demand will still be high, but am I waiting for something that might never materialize? And if I hold out, will I be left in the cold?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:24:25 PM EST
Flip a coin. heads=you buy now tails=you wait
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:26:28 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:35:31 PM EST
Don't wait too long,take a long look at the past and,eventually,you'll see the future.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:48:31 PM EST
This is where the expression " a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" comes into play.

In true ARFCOM fashion, you could always buy now and buy again later!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:08:23 AM EST
Littlebrook,
I'm on the waiting list for a Vector thru Atlantic. Their wait time is 5-6 weeks, according to them.
I've been waiting for ten f@&%$* years now for non-ban guns...I can wait another 1 1/2 months!
I can wait and I don't mind spending extra money to get one (the price will likely come down when the initial rush dies down, I know).
The only way I will complain is if Vector tries to crank'em out too fast and I get a sloppy rifle...only THEN I would feel cheated!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:19:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By theBUBBAMANcan:
Littlebrook,
I'm on the waiting list for a Vector thru Atlantic. Their wait time is 5-6 weeks, according to them.
I've been waiting for ten f@&%$* years now for non-ban guns...I can wait another 1 1/2 months!
I can wait and I don't mind spending extra money to get one (the price will likely come down when the initial rush dies down, I know).
The only way I will complain is if Vector tries to crank'em out too fast and I get a sloppy rifle...only THEN I would feel cheated!

Same here. For the $450 or so I consider it insurance. I will buy from Arsenal Inc as well when they get their shit together.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:57:15 PM EST
In theory, if Kerry does get elected (blasphemy I know) Wouldn't it be at least 3 to 4 months before he could do anything? Seems like with that amount of time, they should have pretty well deluged the maket by then. I hope!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:01:05 PM EST
wait
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:26:03 PM EST
I think if Bush wins we'll see a slow down in the buying madness buy the end of November because Christmas will be just around the corner. If dickhead wins then who knows. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:52:05 PM EST
If dickhead wins I will stock up on some more parts kits and receivers.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:21:24 PM EST
If dickhead wins they'll try to find a way to baan building your own as well as the loopholes which have allowed us to keep on enjoying our AKs over the past ten years.
Top Top