Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 1:07:08 PM EDT
I am trying to gauge interest in such an animal.  I know there is an Israeli company that makes them, but I have contacted them numerous times to purchase 1 with no answer.  Hell, I said I would buy 100 and still no reply, so I decided to do one myself.  I just about have the design done in BobCAD and if there is interest then I will do a run of them on my CNC mill, otherwise, I will make one for myself and be done with it.

Any interest?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I think youll have interest in these. I am.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean a fixed or folding stock adapter?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm sure he means an adaptor to use this...

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure he means an adaptor to use this...

www.vulcanarmament.com/photo/61.jpg

Correct.  The stock adapter will allow the use of a galil stock, however, all you will need is the stock.  YOu will not need the folding mechanism as that will be integral to the adapter.  And of course it will most likely be made from steel, but we will prototype it in aluminum.  If the aluminum is strong enough, then we will stick with aluminum.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:11:49 AM EDT
[#5]
How far will it stick out the back of the receiver?  Will you need to cut the tang?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How far will it stick out the back of the receiver?  Will you need to cut the tang?

The design will keep the original tang, that way if you get tired of the galil stock you can go back to your standard stock or whatever.  There is already a "cut the dang tang" adapter out there, so I don't see a need to re-invent the wheel.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I actually own one of the original Galil stock adapters and they are pretty nice - I bought it as a kit at Market Hall years ago from a gun smith that claimed to be from Jerusalem.  

I live in D/FW Let me know if you want to examine it F2F.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#8]
ROMAD - email sent
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:52:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I am definitely interested.  Put me down for one if you make one.  I too have tried to the pursue the Silver Shadow adapter with no response.  

Just tell me where to send the money.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top