AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 4:50:27 PM EDT
Saw the barrell on K-VAR...$274.

No trunions available...from K-VAR

Can do the build myself...

Barrell.$274.
Trunion?
Reciever?  I have 4 Global trades(7.62)...Would like one 5.56? Does anyone make em.
Side folder $150.-$175.
Bolt Carrier $89.
Bolt?

Looks like about $600 dollars in parts.
Would it be cheaper to have someone like Chris do it for me...AK-USA.

Hook me up guys.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Heres the cheapest way to do it. Use a Saiga rifle as a host and have the barrel turned and shortened. Buy the gas/sight block combo, hg retainer, gastube, and choice of stock and your all set. Big advantage here is that you will save $$ and your gun is built on a factory Russian receiver.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
What would the total build cost be?

Could I do the work myself?  How hard is the conversion?

I have built a couple of AKs..

What trunion will work for .223... can one be modified?

Is there much of a difference in the trigger guards between the three(47, 74, 5.56mm)

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What would the total build cost be? depends on builder. But hundreds sounds right

Could I do the work myself?  How hard is the conversion? just pistol grip part is easy. i did mine with drill press, and dremel. But for folder trunnion? have a builder.

I have built a couple of AKs.. then this shouldn't be new....but it's a hard one to build..the AK-100

What trunion will work for .223... can one be modified? Saiga

Is there much of a difference in the trigger guards between the three(47, 74, 5.56mm) just between AK-47, and AK-74. Use the AK-74 from K-Var
Thanks

Good Luck. I'm a AK-100/Saiga freak!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I installed a side folder on my second AK build..

Trunion work wasn't that bad..took a couple of hours but I am extremely pleased withthe work. I have to admit though, I looked at the drawing K-VAR sent with the stock for about a week before I jumped in with both feet.

Were would the best place to get a saiga in .223( I am completely new to saigas) What is a resonable price.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Looks like about $600 dollars in parts.
Would it be cheaper to have someone like Chris do it for me...AK-USA.

Highly unlikely
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top