Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 1:15:12 PM EST
Where is a good place to buy furniture for a WASR? I am very new to ak's a my wife just bought me a WASr for by b-day/father day gift. I know WASR's are not top of the line but I didn't want her to spend too much a platform I am not too familiar with. I figured I would experiement with this one and buy a nicer model later.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:36:32 PM EST
Why do you want new furniture? With a little work you can make yours look pretty good.

That is assuming that you want wood. If you want the polymer then online is a good place.

I have gotten stuff from K-VAR and liked it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:48:06 PM EST
I quess I should have specified...mine is not coming with wood but i like the wood look better.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:48:18 PM EST
No help....anyone?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:06:55 PM EST
I have had great success with Tapco stocks. I run most of my ak's with the 6 position colapsible stock and love it. I also have one set up with the Tapco fixed stock, and it is very stable and confortable. I have the Galil style hand guards on all my ak's. They too, are very nice. I will post pics as soon as I can.
One of the reasons I use the Tapco stocks is that they are not very expensive and I can get them on my limited budget. They all have held up to many training sessions and I couldn't recommend them enough.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:58:28 PM EST
There are a lot of ads in the EE right here on this site. Ranges from take offs to fully refinished
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:19:04 PM EST
Henderson Defense Has Romanian G take-off furniture listed in their site for $14.95. They say it is all complete and perfect for refinishing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:39:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By piaggior:
Henderson Defense Has Romanian G take-off furniture listed in their site for $14.95. They say it is all complete and perfect for refinishing.

it NEEDS refinishing.

mine looks like it sat in a muddy puddle for 2 months. gunked up with DIRT, not even cosmo. their beat. once refinished will be ok probably though.

good price on em
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:58:14 PM EST
go to global trades/armory for the wood,cheap prices.just about any AK wood will fit except yugo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:05:58 PM EST
I ordered from Hendersons on Sat. I looking forward to refinishing it. For $14.95, I'm sure they're beat up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:45:59 AM EST
Thanks for the tip about Henderson Defense. I just order a set from them. Does anyone have a link to a good set of refinishing instructions?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:28:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By crook8891:
Thanks for the tip about Henderson Defense. I just order a set from them. Does anyone have a link to a good set of refinishing instructions?

not sure if the pictures still work (can't see 'em from work)
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=98789
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:58:34 AM EST
Ironwood designs makes beautiful wood that is made in the U.S., and reasonably priced.
Ironwood designs
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:28:17 PM EST
I received my G stock set from Henderson's today. The set is not as beat up as I expected. The finish is bad, but I really like the way it looks. I don't think I'll refinish this one. I definately want another set. Or two.

BTW It's on my SAR-3. I think it would look great on a WASR.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:26:43 AM EST
I'm not sure whether or not there are any in stock right now, but from time-to-time Classic Arms has furniture kits for AKs. I bought my AK from Ben, and as soon as I see the kits back in stock I intend to spring for a replacement. Although my furniture is in pretty good shape, I want a lighter shade of 'blonde' with a sealer applied to keep the oil from soaking the wood.
Top Top