Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:29:42 PM EDT
In the local Dunham's ad, they have wasr rifles on sale for $219.
Is this a good deal? Do they accept hi-cap mags? It comes with a thumbhole stock. Can I replace it with a standard AK type butt stock and pistol grip? All comments welcome because I am not too familiar with this rifle.
Thanks in advance,
Dave
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy it!  Even if it is a single stack, it can easily be converted to accept hi-cap mags.  .  The mag well just has to be opened up, and a piece on the inside ground down.  As far as what furniture it will accept...any stock and pistol grip for a stamped AK will fit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Either way, it's a steal for $219.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the others.

Sounds like you need to buy it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
You should buy all 3 of them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
For that price I would get one.  You will have to add compliance parts if you put a regular buttstock on it but the mag well can be opened for the high caps and if you get one or more ask in the BIY forum and they can tell you how to open it up with a dremel.  I'm not sure if the low cap WASR has the bullet guide already installed, I would think they do unlike the Saiga rifles.  If so, you just have to open up the mag well.  I've never owned one like that, though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#6]
heck yeah buy it.... i paid 250 for mine.  if it doesn't accept hi caps you can go to this sight for a tutorial to convert it.  

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml

This has some great info on wasr's.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Buy it!  Even if it is a single stack, it can easily be converted to accept hi-cap mags.  .  The mag well just has to be opened up, and a piece on the inside ground down.  As far as what furniture it will accept...any stock and pistol grip for a stamped AK will fit.

+1
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to all for your replies. I went to my local Dunhams after work and they were sold out. No rain checks! Just my luck.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Heck yeah buy it I paid $3?? for mine but I really wanted an AK and didn't discover arfcom at the time
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top