Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/12/2010 10:25:56 AM EDT
Just picked up a Romanian WASR-2 AK74 from Century.  It obviously shoots the 5.45x39.  I tried to use a bulgarian mag and it wouldn't fit.  Does anyone know what mags will work with this gun?

Thanks
Adam
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
East German mags work, if you can find 'em.  So do steel (like Polish ones).

The mag well of Wasrs are wallowed out for hi-caps, converted from lo-caps.  Measurements therefore can be off a tad.  Usually Bulgarians will function if you (judiciously) shave off a little plastic from the upper rear of the magazine (just above the tab).
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Bulgarian and Russian 5.45 30-rd surplus mags in mine.  Works great.  Why wouldn't the Bulgarian mag fit?  My WASR2 actually came with a polymer Bulgarian surplus mag and a metal Tantal mag.  I prefer the Bulgarian, but both fit fine.

My WASR2 with refinished Bulgarian furniture (APEX - woohoo - full furniture set for $25) and muzzle brake after I cut off the tack-welded muzzle nut:

Note the Russian-surplus plum magazine.  It fits just like the Bulgarian mags do.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top