Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/26/2004 8:27:41 AM EST
I'll be dremeling out a WASR-10 to accept doublestack magazines soon (Yup, I'm in NJ. 15 rounds is the limit, but d/s mags are cheaper and US floorplates are available for them). Would anyone be willing to sketch out a template from the magwell of their standard AK for me? This is my first AK and my first conversion, so needless to say I'm a little nervous Also, what's the best attachment for the dremel? I'm guessing it'd take a few too many of those explosive little cutoff disks. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:33:11 PM EST
You might want to get some of those reinforced cut off wheels. The heavy duty ones that have the fibreglass crosshatching thread in them. I use them to grind off all sorts of stuff and havent had one explode yet, unlike those little skinny brittle ones. As for the template, I think most people just use a double stack mag as a template. Try this link. Its a tutorial on how to grind open the magwell. Post some pics when ya get done with it. WASR-10 Magwell Tutorial
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:28:16 AM EST
u also need to change the plate under the trigger guard as its way thicker on the single stck and after u open it up they wont lock in quite right atleast the 1 i opened didnt
Top Top