BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/4/2006 12:18:33 PM EDT
This was put together by a buddy at a local gun store.
It is decked out with everything he could find. When I saw it yesterday I told him that it was just wrong. Last night when he stopped by after work he said it was sold but the guy wasnt going to pick it up till next week. So I went in today to take some pics for you guys.

ADDED
Ok lets have some fun.
What do you think it sold for without the Eotech?
The guy already had one and didnt want another.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]
SAM7? Animals.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
You have to admit, that could be ALOT worse
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF   K
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#4]
NYET!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
The side rails cross the line.  I can go top rail and grip but no side rails.  Gear queens
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
So who makes the rail that goes back over the reciever and where can I get one(for a friend who's looking for something like that, I don't own any AKs)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#8]
WOW super uber-tacticoool !!!!  

That poor abused Arsenal
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#9]
so sad to see that the poor rifle has to suffer thru that,.. it makes me want to puke

please tell the guy to listen to the General

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So who makes the rail that goes back over the reciever and where can I get one(for a friend who's looking for something like that, I don't own any AKs)

Its sold by Fobus but I dont see it on thier site.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#11]
An AK should have accessories: a sling and a bayonet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#12]
it need one of those tapco AR stocks for it!!! then  it would be tactical.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
An AK should have accessories: a sling and a bayonet.

a cleaning kit,...and a magazine pouch or two,..

if you want a folding stock buy a real Romanian or E.GERMAN folder,..or spend the coin for a side folding AK-74

if you want a red dot,...get a cobra,.. there made for the AK's,..

if you want a foregrip,..get a Romainain foregrip new or used,..there not expensive

if you want to light up a building in the dark?,....fuck it!,.. set it on fire before you go in.

christ,.. if you want something that looks like a ar,.. go buy a damn ar!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok lets have some fun.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#15]
There is no God.

Like another poster said - if you want an AR15, go buy an AR15 then.
Christ man - it's like people who try to turn their SKS into an AK - if you want that, buy an AK.
If you can't afford it, then leave your gun alone, or else people will know you are stupid AND poor.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]

$1500?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#18]
On a SIG maybe.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#19]
IIRC those are TDI rail systems (israeli).  you see them all the time in pics from Iraq and A-Stan.  they have a pretty good reputation.  if you want an AK to stand up against an AR or SIG you're going to have to grow up and an realize that the people that are really using them aren't using them because of its looks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
IIRC those are TDI rail systems (israeli).  you see them all the time in pics from Iraq and A-Stan.  they have a pretty good reputation.  if you want an AK to stand up against an AR or SIG you're going to have to grow up and an realize that the people that are really using them aren't using them because of its looks.

+1

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
so sad to see that the poor rifle has to suffer thru that,.. it makes me want to puke

please tell the guy to listen to the General

img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/cruzie27/AK%20family/posters/comrade.jpg

There's the MAN!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Cool rig!
I'm still deciding between the TDI rails or the Brugger & Thomet unit.
- what kind of weapon light/combo is that?
- what kind of muzzle device? (its hard to see)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#23]
IMHO, it actually looks good and somewhat functional. Beats TAPCO crap.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#24]
looks like a pain just to get the top cover off.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

i can almost promise you that no one overseas is useing that crap!

i was in iraq,..i never saw that shit!

maybe a marine or two with a EOtech mounted to a gas tube rail (not fond of those either)

now the polish and estoian's had some pretty sweet set-ups for there guns,...none of it looked like that ball of crap,..the only weapons you saw a red dot/EOtech,..surefire weapon light,..PAM2/4 laser,. and vertical foregrip where on M-4's,..and if you where issued the NVG monocular,. and dident loose the part that mounts it to your M-4,..maybe that was on there for the night time raids.

AK's dont have to stand up to a ar or sig,...it doesnt need to,.. it is a simple no fucking around weapon designed to be extreamly deadly,. reliable,.and user frendly,.. it does not need all that crap to do that.

sure all that crap looks nice,.. and yeah EOtech's and lasers are nice,..but with cqb all that matters is lineing up the barrel with your target and killing it as quick as possible,. before it kills you. the only thing thats going on any of my AK's is the Russian stuff built for a AK,..and maybe a Surefire,...not that crap

and yeah that picture of the AK-100 series with that shit on is looks really cool,..but the guys that uses the AK's over there use the right equipment designed for there rifles

and yeah if i was overthere now and someone tried to shoot me with that,.. they would probally get me because i would be to busy pointing out the jackass to my buddies,.while doubled over from laughing so hard at the rambo wanna be

so grow up and realize this,..most of the people that are useing AK's overthere cant afford or dont have access to the neat toys,...the ones who can afford it/have access to the neat shit are issued the proper items before they are deployed from there home country.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#27]
i can almost promise you that no one overseas is useing that crap!

i was in iraq,..i never saw that shit!

i'm sure you've been everywhere!  i never said used by US forces.  you have been there i have not. so, you have seen more personally (i have only seen pics).   the pics i saw where from overseas.  Thank you for your service!

now the polish and estoian's had some pretty sweet set-ups for there guns

i agree that the polish stuff looks well thought out.  i haven't handled one.  then i ask. why did they add that crap to their AKs- because it may make their job a little easier (that's why the US puts it on their weapons).

and yeah if i was overthere now and someone tried to shoot me with that,.. they would probally get me because i would be to busy pointing out the jackass to my buddies,.while doubled over from laughing so hard at the rambo wanna be

making a comment like that i wonder who the real Rambo wannabe is

so grow up and realize this,..most of the people that are useing AK's overthere cant afford or dont have access to the neat toys,...the ones who can afford it/have access to the neat shit are issued the proper items before they are deployed from there home country

the pics that i saw looked to be Private Security.  and you made my point earlier bringing up the polish AKs.  they have modern well thouhgt out AK (from what i hear).  

i love the look of a classic AK.  those milled type 3s that people are tracking down all the correct parts to make them as authenic as they can legally be really get me drooling.  on the other side of the coin i would think that the same rifle would be at a slight disadavantage  when compared to modern US or even Polish weapons.   like i mentioned earlier i have not been in combat and my knowledge is purly academic.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#28]
we need some pics of those modern polish weapons!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
This was put together by a buddy at a local gun store.
It is decked out with everything he could find. When I saw it yesterday I told him that it was just wrong. Last night when he stopped by after work he said it was sold but the guy wasnt going to pick it up till next week. So I went in today to take some pics for you guys.
i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Krink545/548b5835.jpg
i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Krink545/710c1379.jpg
i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Krink545/ff3c6126.jpg
i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Krink545/8fed879d.jpg

ADDED
Ok lets have some fun.

gross
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#30]
OK HOW MUCH DID IT COST (the suspense is killing me!)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#31]
It looks like it got assimilated by the Borg!...Resistance is futile!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#32]
OK Ok it sold for 1750.00.
And no you cant get the top cover off without alot of work.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#33]
its got da beamz
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Come on it's an AK... you don't need the top cover off to clean it.  Hose it down, soak it in Simple Green, hose it again... and soak it with Break-Free.  Done.

~rc
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

wow

so it will be $2000+ with the eotech mounted... should have gotten an SVD. or an M4 which is what he obviously wanted anyway  plus (real) AK
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#36]
It looks like that rail over the dust cover could work as a stand alone piece. Can it?  I don't need all the foregrips and lights, but having a nice platform for optics would be nice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Is there a place to mount my garage door opener?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

suddenly, its not so bad...

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

BS, it comes off and goes back on very easily.  You must not have any coordination
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#40]
That's bitch.

Not exactly how I would do it, but to each his own.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Meh. As long as the person who bought it likes it, I don't see any problem with it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS, it comes off and goes back on very easily.  You must not have any coordination

Well we messed with it for about 5 minutes and it would not come up high enough to let slide back.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't care for the look, either, but if you decided to use an AK for home/area defense, some of these things make sense...

-- if you plan on using a firearm in HD, a light is practically mandatory ("set the place on fire first" is funny, but if you've ever raised a firearm in anger in the dark and your light saved a life, you understand why the Surefire is good).

-- what in the world is wrong with having a quality optic that you like? Just because the Poles, etc. aren't using Eotech doesn't make having one a sin. Yes, I LOVE the Kobra, but Eotech is a real working optic with few equals, and a straight-shooting AK deserves good glass.

-- OK, I don't get the laser.

While the AK doesn't have the ergonomic safety/selector and the much friendlier mag release of the AR (both of which I love and the drill for which are burned into my head), YOU guys all know it's an excellent defensive rifle, and can get just as much good from lights and sights as the AR.

No, none of mine look like this because I don't own them for defensive purposes. But why not? Look, be glad for every AK nut you can convert and add to your rolodex of range buddies.

Having said all that, we're ALL allowed to pick on each other in fun. Once I finish my presentation-grade Claro stock and handguards for my bulgy -74 and get it hard-chromed, I'll post the bling pics for all to insult...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I don't care for the look, either, but if you decided to use an AK for home/area defense, some of these things make sense...

-- if you plan on using a firearm in HD, a light is practically mandatory ("set the place on fire first" is funny, but if you've ever raised a firearm in anger in the dark and your light saved a life, you understand why the Surefire is good).belive me i have a small collection of surefires,..i owe my life to one,.. "set it on fire",..this was meant as humor,..there is a light for the AK's but i would take a surefire over it anyday,..hajji can shoot what he cant see

-- what in the world is wrong with having a quality optic that you like? Just because the Poles, etc. aren't using Eotech doesn't make having one a sin. Yes, I LOVE the Kobra, but Eotech is a real working optic with few equals, and a straight-shooting AK deserves good glass.actually they are useing EOtech's,.or at least something that looked like a EOtech,..there are heads and shoulders above the red dots that are issued,..the polish guys had a special rail for optics,.. the estonians used one on a side mount,..why,.. probally for better balance. look at all the shit cramed on that thing,...that cant posabilly feel good to carry

-- OK, I don't get the laser.

While the AK doesn't have the ergonomic safety/selector and the much friendlier mag release of the AR (both of which I love and the drill for which are burned into my head), YOU guys all know it's an excellent defensive rifle, and can get just as much good from lights and sights as the AR.

No, none of mine look like this because I don't own them for defensive purposes. But why not? Look, be glad for every AK nut you can convert and add to your rolodex of range buddies.

Having said all that, we're ALL allowed to pick on each other in fun. Once I finish my presentation-grade Claro stock and handguards for my bulgy -74 and get it hard-chromed, I'll post the bling pics for all to insult...

a chrome 74 would be interesting,....i still want a gold plated underfolding yugo with the iraqi handguards,....in no way,.. shape,. or form is it nessary,....i get having a chrome or gold AK,..Mosin Nagant,..Desert Eagle,..or even a Knife,...but not this set up,...but to each his own
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Peace, cruzie -- you and I are on the same page here, I can see. And I agree with you that the way the guy has this set up is goofy, and I would never do it.

BTW, welcome home, and thanks for the service, sir!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

-- what in the world is wrong with having a quality optic that you like? Just because the Poles, etc. aren't using Eotech doesn't make having one a sin. Yes, I LOVE the Kobra, but Eotech is a real working optic with few equals, and a straight-shooting AK deserves good glass.

Is there a reason in particular that of all people you picked the Poles, and of all sights you picked EOTech?

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#48]
If You are going To LOAD Down as Clean & Classic Gun as the AK,   Well then, you just have to go the AR route and take itALL THE WAY....

Link to Ultimate Accessorized Gun!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Belloc:

Not at all -- earlier speculation on the board was that our scrappy allies were NOT using Eotech. My view was simply that you shouldn't choose based on whether they were or weren't.

If they are, GREAT!!! Glad to see these young fellows well-equipped (apparently something like an ACE folder, too?)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#50]
i dont think it is a ace folder,......the Estoneians had a stock like that but they had there first aid bandages taped to it,..i woulda looked over there rifle a bit morebut i was drooling over the PMK stuck on the back of there duece

ace does make something like that though,...and i hear good stuuf about it all the time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top