Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 2:45:11 PM EDT
Vulcan Arms Underfolder receivers.

Does anyone have experience with these for an underfolder polish build.  Do they have the renforcement plates? Any feedback or opinions welcomed.

Also, I know that in the past these Vulcan receivers had the serial numbers on the rear of the receivers and the underfolder parts would cover up the SN.  Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed by Vulcan?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Vulcan does not make the Ak receiver any more. They sold their tooling to JoeKen, and they market it as a Eubanks made receiver. Eubanks is the last name of joe or ken, I forget which one.
If you are going to buy a eubanks receiver, at least buy it from a reputable dealer, like DPHarms. JoeKen is not reputable.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I found a dealer in Georgia that has the Vulcans in stock.  He is willing to sell them for $90.00 each shipped.  I was just wondering if the Vulcans are any good.  Do they have the reinforcement plates.   Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The Vulcans can be made to work.  they were a good deal for $35-50 in their day.  Do not pay $90 for one.  get a ewbank or a global.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you, exactly what I needed to hear.  I will wait for Scott to get his receivers in at DPHarms.  Thanks guys!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top