Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/16/2012 6:55:34 PM EDT
Just got the Vepr hunter in tonight. I want to mount the Weaver tactical 3x15x50 scope on the provided rail. How does one determine what ring height you should use. I am thinking about just setting the scope on the base with tape to determine the ring height needed for a proper fit. Any ideas.
I am looking at this mount
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=WE99692

I am afraid to go too high with the rings since the mount that comes with the gun sits a little higher than the reciever, I was thinking about going with the low mount rings.

Any advice?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at these.
http://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/posp/posp-8x42-d-pro-w-independent-focus-and-us-mildot-rangefinder-rifle-scope-weaver-version.html

There's a couple other versions of this scope as well. Very nice glass for the money.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:08:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I already own the weaver tactical scope. My scope rail is permanently attached to the rifle. I need some advise about determining the proper ring height for a natural cheek weld. Too low and one is scrunched down with a sore neck. Too high and your adding padding or something to the gun to get a consistent cheek placement. I dont want to have to order multiple sets of rings to get it right.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Just mounted my Weaver tactical on my vepr hunter. Just for others who may have a similar question as I had, the weaver low mount rings worked great. Just enough clearance for the lever at the piston and not too high for a natural cheek weld
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top