Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 6:19:06 AM EDT
I was curious to the value of my AK. I know there are many variations of this rifle. Any help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Send me a message if you're gonna sell it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like it's in nice shape. There is one at a local shop in my area that has a tag of $1800 on it, but of course it has been sitting there for some time now.

I'd say $800 to 1000 would be a fair price , maybe more if the person really wanted it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks like it's in nice shape. There is one at a local shop in my area that has a tag of $1800 on it, but of course it has been sitting there for some time now.

I'd say $800 to 1000 would be a fair price , maybe more if the person really wanted it.

$600 since it has $100 worth of Chinese wood on it.  It is still a post '89 rifle.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that why the "SP" is there? Sporter? One of those caught in customs guns? No MAK 90 writing, but bayo removed? Is that the deal?  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is that why the "SP" is there? Sporter? One of those caught in customs guns? No MAK 90 writing, but bayo removed? Is that the deal?  GARY  N4KVE

No but they weren't going to junk them.  They just debanned them and sent them on.

The earliest ones still had underfolder stocks on them along with the butthole stock added on too.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, not no.

There are two versions of the post-ban Polytech:

KBI - marked "MAK-90 SPORTER"
Kengs - marked "SP", printed to the right of the original name "AKS-762"

The Keng's most definitely were caught in customs, the KBI may have been just plain old post-ban right after the ban took effect.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#7]
$425-$450
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#8]
All of the post ban Chinese guns have been obviously ground on the fsb and bayo lug area.  Even the ones with '94 date codes. The barrels are all obviously turned down.

It was cheaper and easier to grind off the lug than to make a special fsb just for us.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top