Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:37:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 12:44:22 PM EST by Levallois]
Well, I've finally got to admit that my eyes ain't what they used to be. Irons are ok out but things are getting a bit blurry. I'd love to put an ACOG or Leupold CQ/T on my Valmet but the original scope covers are 1) scarce and 2) the rings weren't built for these types of optics. Has anyone tried to make a scope cover with a picatinny rail for a Valmet? There is a guy selling a "universal mount" on Gunbroker right now and when I quizzed him about it fitting a Valmet he claimed to have one on a Model 78. Is that possible? Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:19:23 AM EST
Hope this makes sense... I've seen a top cover with an integrated (maybe brazed on?) dovetail type mounting assembly onto which the Valmet factory scope mount attached. I would think that, if you could find one of these top covers (or fabricate on), you could attach a Weaver type rail to that dovetail mount. That would provide a base onto which you could mount the optics you mention.

It might prove a challenge to "zero" the optical sight and, if you were successful with that, it might not maintain the zero. I think it would be interesting, however, to try such a project using a light weight ACOG.
Top Top