Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/10/2006 4:24:53 PM EST
How do I remove the upper handguard (wood) from an AK. Looks like the metal end pieces are spot welded on that part of the gas tube?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:27:56 PM EST
I oiled mine really well and set the metal end of the gas tube with the parallel flats in it in a soft jaw vice and then just twisted hard on the wood with my hands to rotate it the 180 degrees to remove it. Getting the oil down in there under the steel end caps was the key. That Romy wood had alot of shellac/varnish on it!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:29:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 4:31:16 PM EST by Templar]
Top Top