(info also posted in Official SEAK Thread)
Here are a few updates on the SEAK Production Schedule:
- AK-74 Kits are due to arrive at Ohio Rapid Fire during the first week of January. Their were some unexpected shipping delays from the country of origin, and they are inbound as of this date. This is good news for those of you who were worried about the holidays taking your fun money away from you. It also lets everyone snag the "Tax Refund" check before the spouses get their hands on them...
Just make sure you don't get yourself in trouble...
"I'm sick of you buying guns!!"Look biatch, it's a SEAK now get off my back!!
Production should begin on 15 Jan 04, with the first rifles shipping on or about 30 Jan 04. Later batches will take about two-three weeks to assemble and ship. Ohio Rapid Fire will be working full time on putting out these rifles to all customers.
- I spoke with Bob and John at KVAR and they told me the factory producing the PO3 scopes are currently backlogged on a major contract with a foreign nation. They anticipate receiving scopes for the SEAK project within 3-4 months. This may not sit well with some of you, and I understand. But supply and demand always rules in a situation like this....So, it appears the best we could hope for to receive the scopes will be in the Feb/Mar timeframe. That's not so bad. If you purchase a SEAK, then you qualify to get the PO3 at the $195 cost from Ohio Rapid Fire. Consider it a "virtual raincheck" that you can use as soon as they receive them from KVAR. KVAR went on to thank all of us here at AR15.COM who supported them after the racially discriminating posts toward KVAR were made on GunGoons.Nutz
SEAK Mags and Pouches:
- Same schedule as the SEAK rifles. They should be due in during the first week of January and will be shipped with the rifles.
- First Batch should start on or about 15 Jan 04 and be ready to ship on 30 Jan 04. Deposits (1/2 of your order) should be received by Rapid Fire prior to 15 Jan 04 in order to be in the first batch.
- Second Batch should start 15 Feb 04 and ship on or about the end of Feb 04. Deposits (1/2 of your order) should be received by Rapid Fire prior to 15 Feb 04 in order to be in the second batch.
- Third and Last Batch should start 15 Mar 04 and ship on or about 30 Mar 04. Deposits (1/2 of your order) should be received by Rapid Fire prior to 15 Mar 04 in order to be in the third and last batch.
- Under no circumstances should deposits be sent to Ohio Rapid Fire until potential purchasers are notified via email or "the call to send deposits" is posted on AR15.COM
This will save all of us trouble in case something happens (Murphy's Law) which may upset the SEAK Production Schedule.
I hope this helps everyone stay in the loop on the SEAK Project.
"SEAK Middle-Man Stuckee"
My only question had to do with deposits and you clearly answered that question.
All of us who want scopes darn sure better let KF know ASAP so he and ORF can nail down ours before the thundering herd starts putting their scopes on B/O.
You better be positive about this scope as this is the one you guys first recommended when I came over to learn about AK's ! (Alittle heavy but with a Wide FOV.)
(I guess I'm just assuming Murphy's Law will be at work.........anything I really want will be in short supply.)