Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/23/2006 12:45:14 PM EST
Ok, be patient with me. I have a Polish underfolder kit on the way. I want to try to do this as my first home-build. Are there receivers already made with the holes for the stock, trunnion, etc., or do I have to buy a normal receiver and do that stuff myself? Thanks for the help.

If there are ready receivers for the underfolders, who makes/sells them. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:51:37 PM EST
You can buy receivers made for the underfolders, but the trunnion is a good template. You just need to make the same holes in your receiver that are in the trunnion.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:53:02 PM EST
Pretty sure Global sells a rec. pre-drilled for the polish UF, you just need to call and special order, and be prepared to wait.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:04:09 PM EST
Global doesn't reccomend ordering predrilled trunnion holes due to variances in hole placement among the various AK-producing countries..but they will do it on request.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:23:43 PM EST
So would I use the trunnion and the stock as a template?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:54:28 PM EST
Its not hard. As long as you dont drill through the trunnion you can drill out a smaller hole and dremel out the rest.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:19:56 PM EST
Ewbanks make a pre drilled UF receiver, some guys on the build forum have posted good results using them.
Top Top