Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 10:51:58 AM EDT
Does anyone here use this mount?  What do you think of it?

http://www.ultimak.com/M1-b.htm
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
It replaces the gas tube, thus it can get very hot.

I have this one holds a zero fine and insulates from heat.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#2]
hot hot hot

I shot a SAR1 once that had the Ultimak.  After three mags went through the gun in quick succession, I'd have sworn it would have melted the EoTech sitting atop it...but it didn't.

It's basically like mounting an optic to your barrel.  Some swear by it though so to each his own.  It's a VERY sturdy and robust mount.

And though I'm a 'why would you put an optic on an AK' person, I wouldn't mind having that optic mount on mine, just in case I was in the mood for a red dot
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm . . . I'm planning on dropping an aimpoint on a KAC mount on it so that should offer a little bit of cooling ability to the setup.  Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I put an Ultimak mount and a Russian PK-02 red dot on my AK the other day but have not had a chance to shoot it yet, so I cannot say anything about the temperature problem, but I'm not expecting it to be a real issue.

The mount is very sturdy, easy to install and remove, provides a lot of rail surface, and is low enough to the barrel that I can use my iron sights without turning on my red dot sight.

I'd like to hear some more input from people who have actually used an Ultimak scout mount equipped AK, though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
hot hot hot

I shot a SAR1 once that had the Ultimak.  After three mags went through the gun in quick succession, I'd have sworn it would have melted the EoTech sitting atop it...but it didn't.

thats good to know. I just ordered an ultimak gas tube mount yesterday. My plan is to put on an eotech.

how well does the combo work IYO?

it was either the eotech or the aimpoint comp M3.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:54:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I put an Ultimak on my SAR with an Aimpoint Comp.  I have not got to shoot it yet but it seems like a nice set up.  The scope is just a hair too high to cowitness the iron sights, but I have it in a quick release mount so that is not a big concern.  I am looking forward to trying this set up soon.

Ron
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top