Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/1/2003 9:31:49 PM EDT
Trying to decide between the Romanian side mount or the Ultimak gas tube scope mount for my MAK 90's electronic scope...

any comments good or bad about either?

(I put a post into optics but very few read it so here goes)

I will have to install the side plate if I go that way but I have a drill press table and vise...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:00:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Ultimak mount and generally pleased with it.  It cowitness the dot scope and iron sights nicely. It does get hot when shooting a lot of rounds but haven't had any problems.  It does make cleaning more difficult.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan to put either a mid price red dot scope or a Comp C on my AK.

You mentioned heat...

Any scope problems you can name?

thanks
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:21:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The mount get hot enough to burn your fingertips but the scope doesn't.  I'm running an Aimpoint M on mine.  No change in zero either.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my Ultimak as well.  In found your post searching for another one to buy.

I have a Holosight on top of mine.  Gets HOT.  In fact, I thought I melted it once.  Still okay.

Holds zero fine for me.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#5]
wish they made a Krinkov model
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#6]
ive had one of those mounts on my SAR-1,it burned up my tasco it go soo darn hot!
i wasnt too hip on not being able to take the gas tube off once sighted in.

im now a very happy owner of a side mounted Kobra sight, you must look into those before you spend on an Ultimak.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:10:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, we'll see, I am putting my Aimpoint Comp XD on mine as away we go...co-witness and proper relation to the bore...now to sight it in

Oh, and installation took much less than an hour...

Cool
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top