Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/22/2005 6:57:34 PM EDT
Guys, i"m playing around with an old 991 I am slowly converting to a high cap gun. and I was thinking about my compliance parts as well, has anyone use the ultimak with a galil lower handguard? I was thinking that this would make the rifle really stand out as and EBR with a whole lot of stress on the "B". I was planning on using a Reflex 2 with the standard weaver base on the ultimak, I just can seem to pull the Aimpoint off of my AR, so fellow AK gurus am I nutz and wasting my money with this combo? I just bought a Romy folder for the rear as well.

Thanks for the input
James
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:00:23 PM EDT
I'd like to know about this too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:56:15 PM EDT
I just received my Tapco Galil handguard today, and it would not fit well at all. I was trying to put it on my Romak 991 hi-cap convert, and the fit was awful. Also, there appear to be gaps in the upper part of the handguard that allows for dirt and crud to get down and into the receiver. This did not appeal to me one bit. I hope I can return it.

On another note, I also ordered the 6-position collapsible stock and SAW handguard. Neither exhibit fine craftmanship. The stock is rough, does not slide smooth, and is nothing like the stock you have on your AR. The pistol grip is okay, but the so-called trapdoor is anything but. Its held together with a spring, which in essence works, but is not pretty.

I do like the ability to shorten the stock, and am going to keep that as well as the pistol grip. I bought all three parts as a set, so hopefully they'll let me just return the hand-guard for credit.
Top Top