Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/1/2009 3:12:22 PM EST
I just did a carbine match with my AK with the above setup, and every screw in the 30mm Aimpoint ring came a bit loose by the end of the match. The scope was loose on the Ultimak rail and could rotate on the ring. Otherwise the setup is great. Should I use loctite? How reversible is it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:41:36 PM EST
I haven't had this issue with mine, but if I did, I would use the easiest-to-remove locktite I could.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:27:10 PM EST
Use Blue loc-tite. Dont use Red...Red is Forever, Or, you can use clear nail polish if your wife will loan you some. Its the poor mans loc-tite.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:54:34 PM EST
Originally Posted By Brazos:
Use Blue loc-tite. Dont use Red...Red is Forever, Or, you can use clear nail polish if your wife will loan you some. Its the poor mans loc-tite.

You need heat to remove red.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:45:00 AM EST
Some people will say that a properly torqued mounting screw requires no thread locker. I use blue Loctite to be extra sure. I have never had a mounting screw come loose with the use of blue Loctite and removal is still easy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:15:46 PM EST
sounds good. I retightened everything a bit better, if it loosens again I will use the blue loctite...thanks
Top Top