Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/7/2005 7:26:22 AM EDT
www.saigasolutions.com

This guy is a member over on the Saiga-12 board. He's developed a near clone of the Izhmash 8-rounder, and will be selling them.  He's posted pics of the prototypes and will soon be sending some preproduction samples out for real-world testing.  I'm in no way affiliated with him or his product; just passing the word to all the Saiga-12 owners here.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Any word on probable pricing for these??

ETA:  That looks like it MAY hold 10 rounds (i.e. at least 8)??
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Any word on probable pricing for these??

ETA:  That looks like it MAY hold 10 rounds (i.e. at least 8)??

The mfr says pricing will be "less than factory" (which are running $100-150ea at this point!) and capacity is "not less than 8 rounds".  He will be offering the mag bodies, floorplates and followers first (can be used with springs from 5rd mags), with complete mags to follow. There's another Saiga-12 forum member who will be offering 8-rd springs (and eventually his own US-made mags, as well).

The mags above will be offered in amber (harder polymer w/ less impact resistance) and black (softer polymer with better impact resistance). While appearing to be a close copy of the Izhmash mag, they are made of a different material using a different process, and are not metal reinforced. Testing and time will see how well they hold up.

I've got one factory 8-rounder and another on the way, but if these end up being durable enough and inexpensive enough, I might just buy a couple myself!  Another nice thing is that they'd give you 3 US parts, so they'd be legal for use in unconverted Saigas, as well...

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:31:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL a clear amber mag with 8 rounds of buckshot clearly displayed....dosen't that increase the Saiga 12's intimidation factor twofold?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Dammit, more reasons to get a Saiga 12.. Now all we need is someone to import some more of them..
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dammit, more reasons to get a Saiga 12.. Now all we need is someone to import some more of them..

Patience, dude. Word on the 'net is that RAAC has had its paperwork approved and will get its first shipment of product sometime next month. They also have a web site (or at least a placeholder), which is encouraging. www.raacfirearms.com

But RAAC is just the importer; who will be reselling the guns, and at what prices, remains to be seen.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Is this the same manufacturer who is referenced in one of the saiga-12 forum posts that states that they are suitable for target and light field work - don't get them below 0° C?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds neat, but US companies dont have a good track record when it comes to trying to reproduce AK magazines. Especially when they try to "improve the design" (AKA cut corners) like not including the metal inserts. Sure the Russians included them for a reason.. They are are not known for adding useless stuff to their designs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#11]
No metal inserts sounds a lot like the pro mag waffle junk.

Maybe they'll work, or maybe when the new 12s come in some mags will come with them.

If this mag issue ever gets straightened out, i'll definately be picking up a saiga 12.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#12]
How about a big assed drum mag....20,30, or 40 rounds anyone?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No metal inserts sounds a lot like the pro mag waffle junk.

Agreed, but the Promag 9mm AR mags are pretty damn good!

Besides, this guy isn't Promag. He doesn't have a track record of putting out crap, we don't know what mfg process he's using or what the production specimens will end up like. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#14]
tag
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#16]
These are cast, but there's another gent named Z1500 who's working on proper injection molded ones...he sounds legit.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Have a buddy that made a two rnd add for the bottom of the mag, it's working great... you'll see it soon...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#20]
If they are cast, anyone can do it at home using a simple kit that you can find at a hobby store....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top