Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/5/2004 7:52:01 PM EDT
Wasn't there a thread that listed the US parts necessary for compliance?  I can't find it here or on AK-47.net.  Anyone care to humor me and list them?  I'm getting ready to start my AMD-63 build if that changes anything.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:38:23 AM EDT
[#1]
15 parts apply to the stamped AK (including the AMD) without a muzzle device.  Milled guns have one less because they don't use a trunion.  You need to get to ten foregin parts or under, so you need:  4 US parts for milled w/o muzzle device, 5 US parts for milled with muzzle device or stamped gun without, 6 US parts for a stamped gun w/ a muzzle device.

The parts are:
receiver
muzzle device (only if you use one)
barrel
trunion (only on stamped guns)
bolt
bolt carrier
gas piston
trigger
hammer
disconector
buttstock
pistol grip
forearm/handguard
magazine body
follower
floorplate

There you go.  Pick the US parts you want to use to get the foregin parts down to ten or less.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Assuming you want the full AMD stock, your parts may end up: receiver, h/t/s, gas piston, and a longer version of the Hungarian brake (Inrange/ORF?) to get 16" and US parts.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wasn't there a thread that listed the US parts necessary for compliance?  I can't find it here or on AK-47.net.  Anyone care to humor me and list them?  I'm getting ready to start my AMD-63 build if that changes anything.  Thanks.

If it is a 63 and not a 65 you dont need the extenion to make 16" they are already that.I would go with the receiver,gas piston ,HTS,and call it good.Untill sept rolls around you will have to either silver solder a brake or the muzzlee nut over the threaded barrel.Perhaps blind pin a nice us made slant brake.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top