Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/27/2014 8:03:05 AM EDT
So I'm thinking of trying a US Palm grip, but haven't found any decent pics of it mounted on a AK with pistol grip reinforcement plate.  Can someone point me in the right direction to a previous thread or snap a pic?  Just curious if it over hangs the plate like most of the larger grips on the market or is it good to go?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Reinforcement plate or not, I have found that due to the major taper of the US Palm grip, that it drives my hand up into the receiver, and after a short time becomes uncomfortable (I discovered this shooting matches with it).  The Magpul grip has a much better shape, and while I have not had the time with it that I have the US Palm, from where I'm standing, seems to be the way forward.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reinforcement plate or not, I have found that due to the major taper of the US Palm grip, that it drives my hand up into the receiver, and after a short time becomes uncomfortable (I discovered this shooting matches with it).  The Magpul grip has a much better shape, and while I have not had the time with it that I have the US Palm, from where I'm standing, seems to be the way forward.
View Quote

I prefer the US Palm grip due to the exact feature you happen to dislike, I much prefer having my grip high like griping my pistols.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So I'm thinking of trying a US Palm grip, but haven't found any decent pics of it mounted on a AK with pistol grip reinforcement plate.  Can someone point me in the right direction to a previous thread or snap a pic?  Just curious if it over hangs the plate like most of the larger grips on the market or is it good to go?

Thanks!
View Quote

I have the US Palm grip on my SLR107FR, which has the PG reinforcement plate.
The grip fits PERFECTLY over the plate, its the exact same dimension as a traditional AK grip.
The magpul grip hangs out over the plate.....
Here is a picture I already uploaded on PB, too lazy to take another picture right now

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!  I too prefer the high hold to receiver.  The magpul was nice,  but the further out backstrap put my thumb under the hinge.

I'll give this one a try since it has the same footprint as the stock grip.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top