Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2014 8:03:05 AM EDT
So I'm thinking of trying a US Palm grip, but haven't found any decent pics of it mounted on a AK with pistol grip reinforcement plate.  Can someone point me in the right direction to a previous thread or snap a pic?  Just curious if it over hangs the plate like most of the larger grips on the market or is it good to go?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:47:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2014 12:47:47 PM EDT by eodinert]
Reinforcement plate or not, I have found that due to the major taper of the US Palm grip, that it drives my hand up into the receiver, and after a short time becomes uncomfortable (I discovered this shooting matches with it).  The Magpul grip has a much better shape, and while I have not had the time with it that I have the US Palm, from where I'm standing, seems to be the way forward.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:58:58 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eodinert:
Reinforcement plate or not, I have found that due to the major taper of the US Palm grip, that it drives my hand up into the receiver, and after a short time becomes uncomfortable (I discovered this shooting matches with it).  The Magpul grip has a much better shape, and while I have not had the time with it that I have the US Palm, from where I'm standing, seems to be the way forward.
View Quote

I prefer the US Palm grip due to the exact feature you happen to dislike, I much prefer having my grip high like griping my pistols.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:00:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2014 1:02:07 PM EDT by kiddsf]
Originally Posted By R850R:
So I'm thinking of trying a US Palm grip, but haven't found any decent pics of it mounted on a AK with pistol grip reinforcement plate.  Can someone point me in the right direction to a previous thread or snap a pic?  Just curious if it over hangs the plate like most of the larger grips on the market or is it good to go?

Thanks!
View Quote

I have the US Palm grip on my SLR107FR, which has the PG reinforcement plate.
The grip fits PERFECTLY over the plate, its the exact same dimension as a traditional AK grip.
The magpul grip hangs out over the plate.....
Here is a picture I already uploaded on PB, too lazy to take another picture right now

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:40:53 PM EDT
Thanks!  I too prefer the high hold to receiver.  The magpul was nice,  but the further out backstrap put my thumb under the hinge.

I'll give this one a try since it has the same footprint as the stock grip.
Top Top