Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/3/2005 3:28:23 PM EDT
I would like to get a new part kit or kits but I can not figure out which one to get. I'll have about 200.00 to 250.00 to spend on a kit or kits. Which ones would you guys pick and why? Please feel free to rant over which you beleive to be better.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
polish pmkms or tantal, but id go with the pmkms because its 7.62x39 and it looks better
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Just a kind word,

By the time you decide, they will be gone.  The tantals are all but gone now and the PMKMS kits are getting scarce.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Better hurry, kits are drying up and the price has increased rapidly.  Bulgarian AKS 74 kits are pushing $400.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS PMKMS
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Why PMKMS?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Rommys are going up now.  Get something fast!  hock.gif
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If i were you i would get two romys from DPH... They are A quality and you can custom them as you please...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The PMKMS's are nice, high quality polish rifles, the two I ordered were very nice looking.  And plus: underfolders are "uber cool"

And as someone already pointed out, they are 7.62 x 39, meaning cheaper more plentiful/available ammo and mags.

Or you could order two romanians.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#9]
romanians bleck
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Under folders do look cool. But what about quaility between the romys and the poles and all the others. Is there really an extra 100.00 of quaility between them? Or is it just the cool factor?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Get both!  or any kit you can find... I wouldn't wait

Tantal ?  They are really cool!

RPK Maybe?

Yugo Kits maybe?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Under folders do look cool. But what about quaility between the romys and the poles and all the others. Is there really an extra 100.00 of quaility between them? Or is it just the cool factor?

the extra is for the underfolder....and if you didn't like the underfolder just get a rear trunnion for fixed stock from K-var and sell the underfolder, you just can't compare the quality and finish of similar condition polish and romanian....polish is the best

I have three romanians and one PMKMS and I would never get rid of the PMKMS..it's destined for a quality build
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#13]
If you do the math:

Romy kit $99.95 - no mags, bayonet, bag, sling, cleaning kit, oil bottle PLUS shipping

PMKMS kit $220 - 2 mags, bayonet, bag, sling, cleaning kit, oil bottle, shipping included.

You're paying about $40-60 more for the PMKMS than the romanian once you compare the kits apples to apples.

If you wanted only a bare kit, just sell all the accesories that came with the PMKMS on EE and recoop your money.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#14]
You waited to long, kits are running out and going up.

You might be able to from centerfiresystems.com/.

Scottgull looks to be raising prices on his site.  

The Polish underfolders at Akron Armory are probably winding down.  Better get on the phone and try to get one if you're not too late.

or

I got mine from www.dansammo.com/odds.asp and I have no complaints as far as I can tell.  They still show on his website.  I bought mine through the online ordering.  

Romanian Kits

Greentimber had some kits on the Equipment Exchange.  I you are going to want one you better order now, you will only regret it if you don't.  You can always sell a kit in a couple of months and will probably be able to make money off of it.  I just had a 74 built and have a Romanian and Polish kit put away for rainy days ahead.

Romanian kits $99.95
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:55:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/Polish%20twins.JPG

home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/Tantal%201.JPG
home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/Tantal%204.JPG

RPK Maybe?

home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/rpk3.jpg

Yugo Kits maybe?

home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/Yugo%20Kits.JPG

what you waiting on travis those kits wont build themselfs
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:32:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/Polish%20twins.JPG

home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/Tantal%201.JPG
home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/Tantal%204.JPG

RPK Maybe?

home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/rpk3.jpg

Yugo Kits maybe?

home.earthlink.net/~tlzkaasen/images/Yugo%20Kits.JPG

what you waiting on travis those kits wont build themselfs

RECEIVERS!  The biggest PIA right now.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I am really curious to see what the market will take when the kits are no longer available?  We keep having new guys showing up asking for info to build thier first kit and lots of guns are gone...

AMD-65 kits used to sell for $60 here... now I see them selling for $125 or more....
Tantial kits were $200 and they seem to be headed up in a hurry now that the supply is gone...

I am happy that I have all the kits I need or want and I have my own regrets including not having bought an AMD-63 kit when they were available and cheap.

Anybody that is sitting on the sideline really had better decide pretty fast...  These PMKMS kits (I have four of the Grade 1 kits) are some of the nicest AK kits I have ever seen and these will meke some fantastic builds.  I am planning to do two of mine as underfolders and the other two as fixed stock PMKM rifles.

Beyond these kits, I also have four of the Romanian kits ordered and I hope that I get them but with the way orders have been who knows...  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I am really curious to see what the market will take when the kits are no longer available?  We keep having new guys showing up asking for info to build thier first kit and lots of guns are gone...

I'm curious as well.    .. Kits will be Double by next summer (aks74, The polish series, & krinks? )
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Get a Polish underfolder from Akron Armory.  You wont regret it.  Everyone I show mine to gets one.  Everyone who gets one gets another.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Get a Polish underfolder from Akron Armory.  You wont regret it.  Everyone I show mine to gets one.  Everyone who gets one gets another.

I'm debating a third!  That's just sick

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Just a kind word,

By the time you decide, they will be gone.  The tantals are all but gone now and the PMKMS kits are getting scarce.

Yes they are so I ordered one of each today.....And if it were me i'd buy two Romanian kits. I've built both the Polish and Romanian both were of equal quality as far as I could tell.

I've also built a Romanian kit into a Polish underfolder clone with polish handguards and unless you look at the trunnion markings it looks identical to my genuine PMKMS
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm considering my sixth... that's insane.

P.S. this is my 500th post. oh man...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm curious as well.    .. Kits will be Double by next summer (aks74, The polish series, & krinks? )

Do you think kits will still be around next summer at all?  Maybe from individual sellers trying to make a buck but do you see any vendors actually having any?  I think they are all going into closets!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Get some kits, any kit wil do. Just hurry up and get them while they are cheap. If you don't end up building them into rifles you can sell them later.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm considering my sixth... that's insane.

P.S. this is my 500th post. oh man...

1 becomes 2 (or 3).  2 (or 3) become 4 (or 6).  4 (or 6) become....well, it just doesnt stop until either your money or the kits are all gone.  Doubling time is 1 to two weeks (faster than rabbits).
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top