Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/18/2003 11:51:26 AM EDT
I aquired a Yugo for toting around the woods.  It was way too heavy.  I did some trimming...

I took off the bayonette lug and grenade sight and trimmed down the launcher itself...

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
That's all good and everything but my only question is why didn't you just buy a Paratrooper model instead of butchering a unique SKS variant?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]

00_buckshot said:
That's all good and everything but my only question is why didn't you just buy a Paratrooper model instead of butchering a unique SKS variant?

If you can even find a paratrooper it will cost almost 3 times as much as this $120 Yugo cost!  I don't see it as "butchered".  I can replace the parts I have altered.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#3]
But why did you cut the grenade launcher/flash suppressor off when you could have easily removed it and put it back on later if you wanted to.  Could you please point me in the direction of spare parts for Yugos so that I can get a few for mine just incase something breaks?  I would appreciate it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:51:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I modified the grenade launcher to cover the bare threads.  If I want to play with one with a grenade launcher I'll get my other Yugo out of the safe.  Otherwise this one is just like I want it now.

Parts for your SKS:

Numrich

Tapco

Cheaper than dirt

You can also search on Ebay.

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top