Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/4/2004 7:12:45 PM EDT
I was talking to a vietnam vet today who was telling what what he thought was the casue for trigger slap was. I just wanted to check with you guys. He said that it was from a weak spring, and the slide came to far back and thats what casued it. I wasnt very sure about this therory though. I have wanted to fix the trigger slap in my SAR and he heard me talking about it, I have gotten to the point that I dont even want to shoot anymore after only 20 rounds through the gun. It is getting very painful I cant even bumpfire. I was just wondering is there anything I can do besides replace or dremel the FCG?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Hack, grind or file off the bottom back of your dissconnector and call it a day.
Springs ain't got nothin to do with it.
-C
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Theres a site on romanian AKs on how to fix trigger slap. Or you can buy a better FCG than is on it now. The trigger slap is caused by inferior FCG parts...not the springs. Ive lost the website address for the ROM gun site but someone here will know it.  I may have it on my other computer, if I find it I'll post it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:33:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Get that dremel out and do the GRIND....
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:06:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I thought that was incorect I will need to try to dremel or just buy an InRange  G2 FCG.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml

Thanks for the link.  I have a couple of rifles needing a trigger slap fix. is this a good fix?

I see a lot of "Century bashing" around the net, but I've only had a problem with mine once.  A broken shell lodged in the chamber of a SAR 3.

Thanks!
Tim
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top