Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/18/2006 10:42:22 AM EDT
I was wondering 2 things about triggers. If you trimmed down the "Hooks" on a trigger to where they held the trigger less other than giving you a shorter trigger pull, But would it make for easier bumping, and would there be any legal issues for it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I never really looked but that seems like maybe what they've done on the G2's ...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#2]
there are no laws about trigger travel or pull......however if an incident occurs and it is learned that trigger work was done by you without experience, that will be up to you and your defense team to work through
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes........., less hook = less travel!!  

But be careful you do not take off more than you can compensate for with the disconnect to keep from doubling!!

Also by polishing the Hook/Hammer engagement surfaces you can have super smooth sailing with the remaining trigger tavel!!

Just keep in mind that too light and/or short of trigger can result in an unsafe condition******even with the saftey on!!******

Be sure to do the proper "SLAM-BANG" testing after any modifications!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont think experience would be an issue if I was to go to court, I was wondering if there would be an issue with changing the travel of the trigger. I have buffed the  G-2 in my mak to give it a smoother pull it was pretty rough at first. I polished my VEPR trigger to almost a mirror finish. The thing feels soooo sweet throughout both stages of the pull, smooth as greased glass. I have a couple of old triggers laying around I may file em down a little and see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I dont think experience would be an issue if I was to go to court,

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been wondering the same thing about that, for easier rapid firing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Just wondering, if you would go and do this and not make a "mistake" and get it down to as short as possible, would it be easier to bump fire??
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#8]
You Georgia boys scare me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#9]
just get a chinese 2 hook trigger. they are very smooth. I put them on all my ak builds. screw 922r
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah you will be sayin screw 922r to the judge.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
just get a chinese 2 hook trigger. they are very smooth. I put them on all my ak builds. screw 922r

I am not concerned with smoothness. As stated above I already have a very smooth trigger pull in my mak 90 (Which came with a chinese trigger). I am talking about shortening the trigger pull.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You Georgia boys scare me.

We should, honey!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top