Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2008 6:11:17 AM EST
Do you guys think someone might be willing to do an even trade one of my underfolders for a fixed stock in comparable shape? I have three UF's and wouldn't mind a fixed stock rifle, but I wonder which would be more valuable in time. Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:48:55 PM EST
I might be interested. Are your underfolders Century guns? Send me some pictures.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 4:29:13 PM EST
All are Century builds. Two are on Global receivers, and have the black polymer. I want to keep one polymer and an older one on a DCI receiver. The polymer rifles are in excellent shape, and were hand picked when I ordered them. That's why I don't know if it would be an equal trade for a B1, as far as value and collectibility are concerened. I honestly just want to have both versions of the M70. So again I ask, would this be reasonable? I love my rifles (even though one of them had to go back to have a new piston fitted), and would rather keep them all and buy more. I don't think I need to though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:19:15 PM EST
Regardless of market value, I find the fixed stock B1s more desirable. I have two B1s and one AB2 and shoot the B1s far more often. I only bought the AB2 to have one, it tends to sit in the safe while the B1s go to the range. Just personal preference, but I would never give up a B1 for an AB2. To each his own...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:54:34 PM EST
there are more of the folder stock versions out there then the solid ones. I like them both equally, but when I had a choice I bought the solid stock version.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:39:42 PM EST
I know everybody has a different shaped face, but anybody else leave the range with a sore cheekbone from shooting the B1? The way the stock is thick just behind the receiver kills me and I dont have a wide face, rather slim as I am told.. I can sit behind an AKM all day long with no issues. I actually find the B2 nicer to shoot compared to the fixed stock. Just want to know if I am the only one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:49:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By Liquidmetal:
Regardless of market value, I find the fixed stock B1s more desirable. I have two B1s and one AB2 and shoot the B1s far more often. I only bought the AB2 to have one, it tends to sit in the safe while the B1s go to the range. Just personal preference, but I would never give up a B1 for an AB2. To each his own...

That's exactly why I want a B1. I prefer the B2, but I would like to have both versions. I like the fact that it has the added "evil" feature of a collapsable stock. I assume there may be someone else out there with more than one B1 and looking for a B2 for the same reason I posted this message. They just need to have both styles.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:50:06 AM EST
History shows the folders will be more desirable with time.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:10:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By UncleMeat:
History shows the folders will be more desirable with time.

And.. more expensive than a fixed stock by a small margin - for now, with a larger margin as we get closer to adding the minirets to the Whitehouse..

And.. FAR more EVIL, thus more ban-able at the slightest whim. Nothing causes Pelosi's yeast infection to flare up the way it does at the sight of a folder AK.

Which is exactly why I decided NOT to trade my 2nd AB2 U/F for an AB1; I have other fixed stock AKs I can shoot if desired, but you can never have enough of the wicked ones.
Top Top