Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2003 5:55:59 AM EDT
Tool info from Gunsnet

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=52609[/url]

AK Barrel Press Plans

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=54478[/url]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Might want to add this one to the list if you are bending the Hesse/FAC/Tannery AK reciever flats.

[img]http://savvysurvivor.com/aktool1.jpg[/img]

http://savvysurvivor.com/ak_receiver_flat_bending_jig.htm

http://savvysurvivor.com/osi_gunsmithing_tools.htm
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 6:02:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah but you play games when someone tries to buy it, i asked you for a price, an address to send the check, and an approximate wait time for my jig and instead of answering me so i could immediately mail you the check you said "check the thread, its all in there".....   i didnt want to play games and i didnt want to spend an hour digging through the roderz forums, what i wanted to do was mail you a check and you chose to jerk me around.  i dont think youre serious.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Deadly serious. I would rather that you get pissed at me for not taling your money, than everyone get pissed because I took money and couldn't deliver anything in time.
My word means more to me than a fist full of dollars.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Here are some more pics and and info on tools:

{dead link}

{dead link}

{dead link}

{dead link}
Link Posted: 3/26/2005 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Why can't I get to the links above? It just routes me to the BIY forum. Is there any way to get to the specific posts?
Link Posted: 3/27/2005 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why can't I get to the links above? It just routes me to the BIY forum. Is there any way to get to the specific posts?

That is because the posts are too old and have been deleted off the server...  Try my links and related threads as I linked above...
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Why is this post tacked to the top, when the links don't work? WTF
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#9]
{dead link}

Hello... ALL the links in this thread are not working, first set like mentioned by berylak47 routes to main forum...

Second set of links... Well those don't link either.

{dead link}

PS: HOW much to purchase a jig like that?

It would be greatly appericated when you get time to re-link the above links!

Thanks,

WeAreNotAlone
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 7:36:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hello... ALL the links in this thread are not working, first set like mentioned by berylak47 routes to main forum...

Thanks,

WeAreNotAlone

The links are all fixed...  My original forums gt hacked so I moved to a better host and a much better forum code!  As for the 555th jig, I am not sure if 555th is still making them.  He gave away the plans and now DPH and AK-Builder.com both make jigs based on his original design.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Can Plinker's jig for rivets be purchased from him or are they for sale? I would like to find out where to get one and how much.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Can Plinker's jig for rivets be purchased from him or are they for sale? I would like to find out where to get one and how much.

Plinker's e-mail was posted in the thread:

www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=161

If you contact him I would love to have him post the jig for sale there as I get way too many people asking me that question and I have asked him a few times to post in the forums...  I swear that one of these days I will start making a copy of these guys don't want to sell them...

Following are the links to the original two links that were in this thread:

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=52609

and

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=54478

I like the new ARCHIVE feature!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Recieved my jig from plinker the other day. It was $135 shipped. All I had to do was e-mail him to get the info. Seemed like a great guy to do buisiness with.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Would someone check out these jigs. I saw them in an instructional video and and loved the way they worked.  Has anyone used them before and do they work as well as on the video?

www.ak-builder.com/ak/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2

ak-builder.com/ak/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,

WeAreNotAlone

The links are all fixed...  My original forums gt hacked so I moved to a better host and a much better forum code!  As for the 555th jig, I am not sure if 555th is still making them.  He gave away the plans and now DPH and AK-Builder.com both make jigs based on his original design.

Does this rivet jig HAVE to be used with a press or can it be hammered?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#16]
In the build video I just watched he used a hammer on ALL the rivets.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#17]
The Trigger Guard Rivet Jig sold by Maas Guns is a real disappointment.  The rivet heads are off center, not aligned.  Their depth appears inconsistent.    I'm not a happy camper.  I've requested a refund, let's see what happens...

They quickly responded to my email, instructed me to return the item for a refund.  They stood behind the product, refunded money plus return postage.
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Found a great $10 pin spanner wrench for the underfolder nut.
Order 891-20 as the nut measures 21mm across. Great fit and it saves your fingers/tools.

http://www.bloomertool.com/PinSpannerWrenches.html
Link Posted: 6/23/2006 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/13/2006 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/26/2006 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I am looking at building a jig of my own, have a couple ideas regarding that.  
Also, has anyone seen/used a laser cut flat?  Rumor has it, that one you bend it along the cuts, you onlty need fillet weld and heat treat.  Love to hear some comments on that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2007 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Here's the link to the rear trunion rivet jig I came up with. Just copy and paste.

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3744&PN=1

Link Posted: 2/9/2007 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Made your Link hot.

I purchased the complete package of Plinkers jigs from him last summer.  Finally getting around to finishing 2 Romy and 1 Polish UF projects...should be receiving my receivers from NoDakSpud next Tues or Weds.  

Anxious to give Plinkers jigs a try.  They look great and came with a informative instructional CD complete with pictures.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#24]
You should dump this thread.
The links don't work and some are so old they use USNavy semi-phore signals.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#25]
FRONT SIGHT ADJUSTMENT TOOL

Pay TAPCO the big bucks for theirs.  It costs twice as much as the ones sold online by others.

Why pay double?  Because those cheap ones fit an SKS and NOT an AK-47.  They are sold as AK47/SKS tools but they DON'T fit the AK!   (the plunger hole is too small to allow the AK sight support pin to move through it.

Ask me how I know - twice I've been screwed but different companies selling a tool that doesn't work.

So far that tool has cost be $40.00.   $20 to Tapco, and $10 +10 to knock off product sellers for their stuff that doesn't work.

Link Posted: 3/15/2007 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#26]
New bender on the market.

www.jsmmachine.com

Bends all flats including the Yugo Flat and top edge bend on others.Tried it myself and it works great and easy
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top