Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2002 5:37:10 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone else had ever had this problem and if there is anyway to fix it. I just got my AK on Thursday and took it out on Saturday shooting. I was shighting it in and when I went to take out my tool kit it was stuck in there. So I took off the but plate and retrieved and then shot some more and then it got stuck in there again. Everytime I shoot it gets stuck. What can cause this? And how can I fix it?

Other than that I love that gun. It is really fun to shot.

KC
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 3:27:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
What happens is the trap door wont even open. It doesnt buge at all. So I dont know if the trap door is actualy moving in there and jamming itself or whats happening.

KC
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 3:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i've heard of guys getting their fingers stuck in the trapdoor...but never the tool kit tube, itself.

I plead guilty to this.  Hurt alot too.  I had to take off the plate to get my finger out.  Of course my right hand was stuck so I had to use my left/weak hand to unscew the 2 screws while trying to balance the rifle so my finger didn't get crushed more.  I was laughing hysterically after for about an hour.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#5]
My SAR 2 did the same thing.The tool kit kept getting stuck.This what I did.I took the butt plate off and removed the spring.I then took my cordless drill and put a big drill bit in the chuck and used it like an endmill.I opened up the inside diameter of the spring hole.The hole they drilled was to small and the kit tube would get stuck.You need somethig long enough to get down in there. Its really a simple fix for an aggrevating problem.Just DO IT!!!! Best of luck to ya War Dawg
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top