Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2010 10:24:07 AM EDT
My better half recently discovered she loves shooting, and now wants to go all the time.  And yes, AK's and Glocks are her favorites.  She doesn't care for AR's at all.  A few pics from our session earlier this week....

(Yes, I still have to change out the stock from polymer to wood.  And in before any "Give that girl a cheeseburger!" or "Buy that girl a pair of shoes!" comments )

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#1]
you have great taste ... and i don't mean AKs . btw who cares about shoes, i wear flip flops to the range for casual shooting all the time too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Gonna teach her proper technique eventually, right?

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]

You must of had her on the obstacle course as she has torn up her clothes..

Let go of that wrist girl, cup the other hand...
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I can see if I can find a pair of jeans that don't have holes in them for her.  What's her size?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I can see if I can find a pair of jeans that don't have holes in them for her.  What's her size?

Probably starts with a "-"

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, we started with "proper technique".  But as we eventually found out, she shoots much better with "improper technique".  Go figure.  I thought about taking her to the indoor range close by so we can work on her technique.  She's a surprisingly good shot.  But then, many women seem to have a knack for it.

As for the jeans...I don't think she owns a pair without holes.  She's either "dressed to kill", or she's slummin' it.  No middle ground there.

As for the AK, I'm liking it more and more each time I shoot it.  After about 1,000 rounds, I haven't had even a single hiccup.  And with the extra heft of a heavy barrel and receiver, and a really sweet trigger, I think it shoots just as well or better than any of my $800 7.62 AK's.  When talking about 7.62x39 AK's, I'm totally sold on Chinese AK's, and am actively looking for decent deals on a few different models...including another MAK the girl can call her own.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Mmmmmm.... Gibson guitars
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top