BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2010 6:45:27 PM EDT

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#1]
When you clean that, pop off the lower handguard and see if the sling attachment point is rubbing your barrel.  Mounting them there can give you issues.  Ask how I learned....
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Post up some pics of the groups you shot too...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Also, you should find that you will get a little better groups by getting rid of the bipod & shooting off of a bag....
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also, you should find that you will get a little better groups by getting rid of the bipod & shooting off of a bag....

Not true.
But a rear bag will help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]

I think it does.Im not wirried about the finish. It actually will rust if I dont oil it every week. They messd up some spots putting it together and removed the finish. Its a shooter and did decent groups of about 2 inches at 100. Sadly the original PSOP is so far off from the mount I am maxing my adjustment.. The chinese PSO is about on with 3+ elevation and no windage.
Quoted:
When you clean that, pop off the lower handguard and see if the sling attachment point is rubbing your barrel.  Mounting them there can give you issues.  Ask how I learned....

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:51:32 AM EDT
[#6]
B square makes a barrel clamp #4 for the Harris bipod. It can mount infront of the HG, behind the gas block. It is sturdy and allows HG disassembly. I use it there and have had good results. No barrel harmonics issues. Check out the psl accuracy thread.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm another vote for keeping bipods off of barrels or handguards that are not free floating.  In my experience it always has a negative effect on accuracy.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top