Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/5/2002 12:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2002 1:28:49 PM EDT by Wildweasel]
I went and did it today at the gunshow, bought a wasr-10 in 7.62x39. also 2 extra mags and 250 rds of ammo to try it out with. (If I like the rifle I intend to mail order 1K rds ammo)
A few questions, new stocks who puts out the american stocks?
I can allways refinish but the stocks is soso.
(I like the looks of the green or a nice blond wood stock better.)
I allready did the triggerslap mod as I was cleaning it.
Thanks I am sure I will be bothering you folks more.
edited to add, What is the lowdown on comps?
K-var too?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:24:16 PM EDT
Go here and spend all your money my son...

k-varcorp.com/

Bradd
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:41:31 PM EDT
or ironwooddesigns.com for nice virgin wood if you are so inclined
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:07:42 PM EDT
Thanks for the links, gonna put some rnds downrange and then try to make up my mind wood vs plastic.
One thing is I need a longer pull on the stock for sure.
Had some problems with inserting mags, Looks like I need to file down some points at the back of the well from the milling operation. Other than that after a good cleaning and the trigger slap mod,
the 2 stage trigger isn't too bad for now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:40:39 PM EDT
GET THE RED STAR ARMS TRIGGER!!!I have one in my Romak 2; you really have to try one to believe how good the trigger in an AK can be, and that ain't no shit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:17:07 PM EDT
Zardoz hit the nail right on the head. I just installed my RSA trigger tonight and man I'm here to tell you...what a difference! It is easily as good as, if not better than, the trigger in my SA M-7. BTW, it's not nearly as complicated to put in as the directions make it seem. It took me about 30 minutes or so.

Bradd
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:10:28 PM EDT
Welcome to the DARK SIDE!
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:27:33 AM EDT
I figure I will shoot it first, and if I like it then start spending money and time on it.
Already had the trigger group out, when I fixed
the trigger slap. so no worrys there. that shepards
hook retainer is a pos. if/when I upgrade the FCG I am also getting the Shep hook eliminater that Red star sells at the same time.
I do all my 'smithing and am a amatuer machinist and good welder. It has some rough edges but
for the cost worth a shot. Besides I HAD to see what you guys over here have been blathering about!
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 2:15:11 PM EDT
Wildweasel, the RSA trigger group is not just for fixing trigger slap; have you ever fired an AR15 that has a Jewell trigger installed? That's what my RSA feels like--only the RSA (to me, anyway) has a more positive "stop" at the second stage.
Top Top