Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 1:39:44 PM EDT
I keep reading threads about there Romey's jammin, It's usually an HP problem.
My .02, round off the feed ramp a bit a little polish and you got a shootin machine.
Anybody concur?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just going to keep shooting FMJs, I've got a few SPs I'm going to try and and see which I like but I can't see using HPs.  I've heard that they don't really even expand.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I keep reading threads about there Romey's jammin, It's usually an HP problem.
My .02, round off the feed ramp a bit a little polish and you got a shootin machine.
Anybody concur?

I tried that...didn't work....tried annother mag.....didn't work...tried cleaning every surface to a mirror shine......didn't work....tried opening up the recoil spring a little.....helped, but didn't work.....went back to FMJ works perfect every time.....I simply give up...I wish someone would find the solution, because I saw hollowpoints at the gunshow for $2.oo a box!!! I would have loaded up on em!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What mags are you using? I've only had problems with poly ones
Let me know if you can get SP 's for 2 bucks that would be the the best  
(for those zombie attacks) LOL
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Never had any problems with hollow points in any of my AK's except the Chinese ones (which I no longer own).
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been using the steel mags that came with the rifle....i tried a black plastic one over the weekend....similar results...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Must have got lucky, mine eat it up...And a good thing to I usually find good deals on HP..
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Must have got lucky, mine eat it up...And a good thing to I usually find good deals on HP..

+1
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Why does a HP jam? It's still pretty pointy and shouldnt get hung up. I have a yugo, rom, and hungarian homebuild that eats this stuff up.  2 mak-90s also eat this stuff for breakfast.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine will only eat FMJ.  I use the HP for the SKS's.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#10]
All I shoot in my WASR is HPs and have never had any jams.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I shoot HP's all the time and they always go bang.  Sorry to hear its jammin on ya.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#12]
about 6-8K HP rounds down my WASR-10 with no problems. except for about 800 rnds of FMJ silverbear, all the 7.62x39 i own is HP now. it seems to be alot more accurate for me then the FMJ stuff in general.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a guy at the range tell me that the reason it wouldn't feed hollowpoints is because of the two sliding wire loops(don't know what else to call them) inside of the recoil spring were rubbing together in the center causing the problem...I took a key and tried to pry them apart a little , jamming it between the recoil spring and the center piece...it still rubbs a little....I'm going to try this some more, maybe with some snap ring pliers and see if it helps.... I'll let you all know...Cheers
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Luckily all my AKs eat hollow points like candy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]
OK.. To put it  simply, I'm bored as shit this evening, So I decided I would try several things to try to get my rifle to feed hollowpoints....I tried the recoil spring thing...it made the action smoother, but no help feeding...I tried driving the rails upward a little...no help...I took a pair of vice grips and bent the feed lips up a little in the front to make the bullet tip  tilt up a little while in the magazine...Bingo!! It seems to feed the three hollowpoints I have quite well now...The true test will be if it will feed several hundred ok.....gosh darn it, I need MORE AMMO AGAIN!!!! I hope this works... I'm going to try to find some hollowpoint ammo and see if this worked..if it does I'll let you all know....if anyone would like to donate ammo to the cause my e-mail adress is....... See ya! (if you really want to send ammo, E-mail me!!)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top