Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2002 7:59:46 PM EDT
Does anyone have any tips for buying my first SAR?

Anything in particular I should look out for?
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure the front site, gas block, and rear site are all perfectly straight. If not buying in person, MAKE them check, or tell them it's going back and wasting their time and your time.

"Isn't ouuur time?"...Jeff Spicoli
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Work the action.  Make sure it is smooth, and won't hang up even if you ride the lever home.

My SAR2, which I bought despite my "conscious" saying put it back was rough.  Thought I could work it out.  Probably still can, needs a new gas piston.  But has kinda frustrating.  If it works "rough", move on to the next one.  I got stupid, and went ahead and got the last in stock at the local gun store.  DOH!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Might as well try a few different magazines in prospective rifle just fer the heck of it.Disasemble to look at how everything lines up like previously mentioned.(I didnt check to see if other mags would fit in a WASR and now I'm in fer some grief...I'm an AK newbie too)
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top