Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:09:27 AM EDT
I got some of those 4 pack specials, and 3 out of the four fit tight.  I mean they go in the mag well fine, but they won't come out with out alot of pushing, pulling, and twisting.

What part of the mag do I need to fit.  I have a good metal file.  I just would like to know if anyone else has had this happen to them.  I guess if I don't hear from anyone I'll have to mic out all of the mag to see what part needs fitting.  I have 9 other mags that fit perfectly fine in 2 different AKs.

Thanks,
Don
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't  mess with it , just send them back and get 3 dif. ones .
That's what I would do .
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it hard to push the mag  relaese lever forward? The tabs on the back of about half of my mags fit into the the mag catch area tightly. It's like the locking leaver was mounted to close to the reciever or something, and that combined with slightly to large tabs on the mags combine to make it difficult to push the mag realease lever. I found instead of grabbing the mag and pulling on it and pushing the lever with my thumb, it is better to just push the lever with my thumb, without pulling on the mag at all. This unlocks the mag and then I can just grab it and cant it out the rest of the way. I've done it so many times I relaease all my mags this way out of habit.  This problem is slight enough that i haven't ground down any of the mag tabs, but if they were fitting really tight you could try sanding/grinding a little metal off.

Or this is not the same problem as yours, in which case I would have no ideas on what to do. good luck!!
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top