Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/16/2006 11:11:40 AM EDT

I would like to replace my thumbhole stock on my wasr 10 hi cap to a standard pistol grip stock set. Is there anything that i need besides the pistol grip and the stock? Who is the best to order from?


Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:20:36 PM EDT
You may need to swap out 5 parts for us made parts to make it a "domestic" rifle. Not sure though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:40:52 PM EDT
Check out Classic Arms. They have 4-piece stock sets for $29, or unmatching sets for $19. The cheaper sets have a light solid beech buttstock that is a few shades lighter than the handguards. I bought a couple of their unmatched sets. Once I refinished them they looked great.

You also may have to get a pistol grip nut.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:02:54 PM EDT
are you looking to sell the thumb hole? you have pics of it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:15:18 PM EDT
So i looked at the stock screw and tried turning it to remove the stock and the nut thingy just spins with it. Is something wrong, or was it done up like that to keep the stocks from being removed?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:56:22 PM EDT
I don't think there is anything designed to prevent the stock from being removed. It may take some work, but it will come off.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:22:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 10:23:10 PM EDT by usmcanglico]
i converted my wum1 thumbhole to pistol grip. It had the odd cut reciever and I welded an end piece that I removed from a parts kit. Now has 6 us parts and looks good. I bought a wood set from somone on EE for $25.
Top Top