Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 10:29:23 AM EDT
I wanted to evil up my SAR1 with a threaded barrel. Dumb question time is there enough barrel to be threaded? And besides some form of muzzle attachment what other parts will I need to keep the M/A in place? Is it just a spring and plunger? Does K-Var have these parts? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Usually there is enough metal to thread.

Yes, the retainer pin and spring are available from K-Var.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Ripcode!

But I have to ask why is there "usually" enough barrel to thread? Century quality control again?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
There are two different lengths of detent pin a 16mm and a 12mm.  My Hungarian used the 12mm and Arsenal sold the 16mm so I had to grind it down and cut the spring.  K-var has both lengths, ask them which the Romanian sight base takes.

BTW, you're lucky.  My SAR3 had a FSB without the detent pin hole and a turned down muzzle.  I'm going to put on an A2 FH with the peel washer.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
223spree,

Where are you from in PA?  I'm above Pittsburgh and I'd like to do the same for my WASR-10.  Are you taking it to a gunsmith?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]
DDiggler I`m in the Philly.  I`m most likely going to take it to Lock`s where I`m getting my M4 threaded.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top