Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/14/2005 11:45:59 AM EDT
Is there a threaded front sight block compatable with the SAR-3 ?  K-Var has told me
that the Romanian AK-74 threaded FSB will only work with a SAR-2.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a SAR 3 with the Romanian FSB on it with the 22mm brake and it works fine. I don't know what KVAR is telling you, but mine fits on OK.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have read quite a few internet posts(here and on Goonsnet), where SAR 3 owners have used the Romanian sightbase and 22mm brake combo.

It does seem odd that this would work, since the barrel is Bulgarian, but since I don't have personal experience.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:23:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe the Romanians turn down the barrels before they install them? That's all that I can figure out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I was told the same thing. You have to use a Romanian FSB. I actually asked this question a little while ago.

themao
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top