Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:35:30 PM EDT
Was there ever third party Valemt mags?  I found one at the gun show for 25 bucks it looked like a valmet mag it was green and has the lanyard but it seemed really cheap for some reason.  Anyone know if there was?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a factory Valmet/Sako synthetic mag.

$25 is about the going price.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Like this?

Here in Finland they're called "trial mags" or something like that. I'm not sure how exactly (if in any way except the color) they are different from the black Sako mags. I think they were kind of a final prototype for trial use before final acceptance or something.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats exactly it how much did you pay for it?  The guy at the Fun show had it for 25 was that good price in about that condition maybe a little btter/worst
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:01:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought 20 of them for $25 each last summer.

FWIW I like the Bulgy waffle mags better. The floorplates on the Finnish mags stick out and make them harder to use in a pouch. Get a couple of Sako mags for the collection and then buy Bulgy mags to use.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:14:06 AM EDT
[#5]
any where you can buy the sako mags for a decent price?  I'm looking for black ones.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
any where you can buy the sako mags for a decent price?  I'm looking for black ones.

The black mags are rare and very expensive. About $70 or so even here in Finland, if you can find them somewhere.  The Army uses them and I think you got one or two of them if you bought a Sako M92S when they were available, but the black mags are/were not sold separately AFAIK.
The supply for the green ones is also running out, I hear.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 3 green waffles (the ones without the lanyard loop) listed in the EE
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top